New Frag Toy!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Enough to cover the cost of the 33 gallon garbage sacks he is gonna have to use.:D

okay so if he goes to costco they will be pretty cheap.

i just bought 100 45 gallon ones for $15 i think.The 45 gallon ones are after he finishes that 12 pack:D

love the tile saw!!
the only thing i've seen that's better are those mini band saws...they allow you to do corners and such...the small ones are like $150-200 on harbor freight i think.
that's what Mark at zesty reef uses and it's amazing the precision of cuts he can make, like cutting out a single polyp of acan.

Yes, I sure did. I figured if I only cut off a couple of slices of it, the colony would grow all lopsided...lol. The colony was huge and taking up real estate. I'm going to be fragging an entire colony of a very large toadstool leather next...lol. NOT with the tile saw!!! Ewwww

Power Fragging Makes me WET!!! As you can see from the pics!!!
3467473872_1e104f15ec_b.jpg

Ah yes, the old "Wet shirt to cover up my pee'd pants trick". Well done. Well done...

And yes, I returned from a year long sabbatical to poke fun at a fine upstanding Reefrontiers citizen. You didn't think I'd come back to talk coral did ya!?

will the polyps that were cut through die or regrow?

I've fragged a lot of corals with the tile saw. As far as cutting through polyps, I've specifically fragged several Acans, Echinos and a few Favia corals. Polyps that have been cut have quickly healed and regrown. I've also fragged several encrusting SPS corals, with quick healing.

Nicely done... one of those will 'fit' in my new set up! Also curious on the healing of the frags.

Since the saw makes a very quick cut, and keeps the coral wet, with saltwater, I've noticed a very short healing process.

Granted, I can't make the precision cuts of a scroll saw, but it works very nicely!!

Funny that this thread was resurrected one year and one day, after I last posted on it...lol.

Back