DSC00070.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

Hector (male clown) is guarding over one of his homes:
DSC00096.jpg

Frogspawn colonies

Frogspawn colonies I got at one of PSAS meetings for free - growth for sure beyond my expectations (I will do some pay-it-forward on this one sooner than anticipated it seems :cool:):

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

GARF Bonzai frag

GARF bonzai in the making... Interesting coral. The base goes through growth sprints... First it makes the rock that it will expand on all white (as if it bleaches the rock circling around the base), and then covers it in the next day or two. Very cool to see.

DSC00093-1.jpg

GARF bonzai in the making... Interesting coral. The base goes through growth sprints... First it makes the rock that it will expand on all white (as if it bleaches the rock circling around the base), and then covers it in the next day or two. Very cool to see.

DSC00093-1.jpg

What type of light, flow are you keeping this in? I've been having trouble with mine.

Full tankshot pleasE!

I will post tomorrow. Lights are out...

Meanwhile, having fun in Photobucket (it changed A LOT since the last time I used it a few years back - WOW - you can do many things directly online. Liking it.):

DSC00085-1.gif

I need a higher res decent camera that can zoom (3.4Mpixel when cropped and enlarged becomes blurry).

What type of light, flow are you keeping this in? I've been having trouble with mine.

Lights:
I have 2x250W HQI directly above it (bulb about 10" above the frag). One is EVC 20K (same as Helios) running with PFO HQI ballast, and the other is 20K Coralvue (I suspect they are same) running with Icecap Eballast. MH on 9 hours.

I also have 2x2-bulb T5 with Geisemann Actinic Blue+ (total 96W over the cube). T5 on 15 hours.

I sense this frag can take another 400W easily... The more intense light I give the better it gets, though light is not the only parameter as many say.

Flow:
In addition to 490GPH return pump (going through chiller keeping at 78-80F range), I have a Vortech MP40W running in wave mode, directly above the frag about 10 inches, oscillating between full power and min power every 20 seconds.

Reef suppliments:
I use Kalkwasser and Strontium addition, with occasional reef buffer. Tried two-part additions; figured too much of a hassle and room for problems. I also dose Vodka everyday (0.8ml). I used to use carbon, but not anymore. I have zero "bad" algae (knock on wood). It is a bare bottom system, not sure if that matters.

I love cubes.....this one is particularly nice. I have a 3x3 cube I am building right now....and still haven't figured out what I am going to do with my 2x2x2 cube when the 3x3 is done. Guess it is going to sit in the garage.....

Well reeflogic, I am going to go ahead and offer my house for the 2x2x2. I know it will be a huge burden for me you know having such a nice tank up and running in my living room.

Thanks for the comments. Not sure what type clowns they are, they turned black body, with deep orange face/fins and white edges since I got them.

The blue background is standard plastic/paper tank background sold at LFS, attached using the seaview (or something like that) oily adhesive. Has a nice deep color shows through, and so far sticks well.

Got a new camera finally. Canon D60 with EF100 macro 2.8L IS/USM lens. One of the first pics, showing a close up of one of my favorites -- Acropora Navida:

Acro_Navini_30percent.jpg

Gotta practice and post more pics, but very happy so far :) Awesome lens especially...

any updates on this tank?picked up those bright yellow zoas from u guys at the swap!thanks,didnt expect to get one again...
really pretty tank!so clean

Back