Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

JaxReef

Hi I am new to this forum. I have to say its a great find. I look forward to talking with you all

Welcome JaxReef! This is a great site. Since I joined, which hasnt been all that long, Ive been on this site everyday. (My new homepage!) Good Info, Great people.

all I can say is wow. Calfo at your fingertips, What more can one ask for?
He is a guest speaker at our club meeting in 07, cant wait

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!!

You'll love hearing Anthony speak. He was just at our club a few weeks ago.

I'm running a 55gal FOFNBSAFOWLRCFBAFBR* tank.

* For thoes of you who don't know: Fish Only For Now But Soon, A Fish Only With Live Rock, Closely Followed By A Full Blown Reef :eek:

I'm running a 55gal FOFNBSAFOWLRCFBAFBR* tank.

* For thoes of you who don't know: Fish Only For Now But Soon, A Fish Only With Live Rock, Closely Followed By A Full Blown Reef :eek:

cool. do you have any pics?

A couple terrible ones that I wouldn't put up here. I need to get rid of some alge problems, finish curing my live rock, and get a camera. Then I'll post some. :eek:

Have you found the member photo gallery? Top right of the web page in red letters.

I have a 120 gallon SPS system, that I lost most all of my corals back in January (RTN). I'm in the process of restocking, and have some corals in quarantine right now. The acros are not doing so well (acro eating flatworms), but the non-acros (in a separate quarantine) are doing great! I will hopefully have some pics when the corals are put in the tank.

sorry to hear. Did you pinpoint the cause of RTN? What are you doing to fight flatworms? I hear the sailfert flatworm exit does not work so well

I had a mishap with my skimmer blasting water out of my sump all night, a really dumb mistake on my part (back in december), and in order to dry out the subfloor (tank used to be on carpet) we had to move the system. This required my taking the tank down, moving the corals over into the other 120 (using the display water and liverock), drying out the floor (installing some tile), and moving everything back. I think the corals held on as long as they could after the stress and finally gave in. It could have been a pH shift I didn't notice, a temp fluctuation, I can't really pinpoint the exact reason. I wonder looking back, if acro eating flatworms weren't a secondary factor. I don't know if I had them or not, and knowing how wide spread the problem is now, for all I know, it could have played a role in coral stress. It's just a thought, though....not necessarily known or justified....just something else I considered.

Flatworm exit does not work, IME. For the acros, I have them in QT and have tried Levamisole, and Lugol's dips. For non-acros, I am just keeping them in a separate QT until any potential AEFWs that might have hitchiked onto the coral, have a chance to starve out. Here is a thread about my experience in a QT: QT for Acro Eating Flatworms

Back