New Reef magazine! - from Anthony

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Anthony Calfo

cheers, my friends :)

It's been a busy year as usual, but a blessing to have good work!

I am very proud to announce the release of my latest project:
C . . . the Journal of Aquatic Science Travel and Adventure
The image work is stunning and aimed to impress as well as educate... the quality of construct of the mag itself is of the highest quality - it's the same or better cover stock and body pages than your favorite perfect bound books! This journal is printed on 100# gloss laminated stock with thick 80# pages to hold all the ink from those beautiful pictures!

I'd be much obliged if you'd take a moment to look over the Table of Contents and Cover and consider subscribing. I dearly need the support of fellow hobbyists and dedicated admirers of the reef!

Plus... I'm hoping to earn enough to pay for the strong coffee I need each day to be able to continue to mentor on the message boards, write articles and share information at large. Yes, I do reckon that I owe the Arabica bean growers a credit in my mags and books.

Shipping will begin in September, barring any radical hiccups with the printer (like mistaking food dye for print ink or a bizarre paper shortage in the temperate rainforest of W. PA that we live in :D)

with kindest regards,

Anthony Calfo :)

http://www.readingtrees.com/calfojournal.htm

http://www.readingtrees.com/cTOC.html

http://www.readingtrees.com/cinformation.html

http://www.readingtrees.com/csubscriptions.html

That looks like it's going to be an awesome magazine!!!

Good luck with this endeavor. (What was that sound??? Oh, it was FAMA shaking in it's boots). :)

Sounds Awesome!

Anthony,
:) If your producing a magazine, I asked that you tell me where I sign up for a subscription? I want it!:)

YEAH!!!
4.gif
Congrats on your new magazine!!!

As much as I love online magazines, there is something about being able to sit down and thumb through an actual paper magazine. I look forward to a subscription!

thank you my friends :) I'm really enjoying this work as much or more than anything I've done to date!

Best of luck, looks like a winner, but how did coffee get sooooooooooooo expensive??????

ahhh... very good and fair question, my friend. Rather simple answer too: advertising... or lack thereof ;)

To prevent the journal from being overun with adverts or having really thin/cheap paper, cover, etc... the money has to come from somehwhere. I think I'm still OK when/if folks reckon the quality and quantity of content here(especially with minimal advertising... only ~ 12 ads in the first 3/4 of the mag!) plus... similar journals and special edition works with even lower quality cover/page quality (note: mine is 100/80# heavy weights... like my books!) are more expensive by far.

And its frankly my target audience... readers - brainy/info hungry folks that buy a mag to read for quality of content that will support this mag, rather than just folks looking for the newest adverts. The latter not being a bad thing at all! We all buy, I think, certain mags for the current ads and product peeks (computer mag... the old FAMA, etc). And those mags are (need to be really) "affordably" printed (light paper, heavy ads to subsidize).

But thats the antithesis of what I have produced here. :)

Great news Anthony!!! Hopefully it becomes a hit and a major editorial house picks it up, so you can have a life once again :D . Congratulations.

We can send to Canada for the US subscription rate if you don't mind getting it a bit slower (or, you can pay for airmail if you prefer and we'll ship it as you like. Do shop the USPS.com site for options to you from zip 15146 in PA state)

Anth- :)

Subscription

Ciao Anthony,
big new!!!
Could I know the modalities of the subscription to receive in Italy the Magazine? Sure the price will be different from the North America. Let me know please.
Grazie.

Back