new store!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have to tell you that there is a major hole in the north end (Lynnwood, Mill Creek, Alderwood). We have Petco & Denny's pet world...that's it

i hate that petco :p and i still need to check out Denny's petworld :D .

Denny's is alright, but their prices on equipment seem a little steep. The guys who work there can be pretty cool if you get to know them. At first I thought they were real jerks, but they've grown on me. Their livestock is so-so to okay. They seem to move stuff quickly and I was told Monday and Tuesday is the best time to see new stuff before it's gone. Bring the kids and they can pet the bunnys too.

IMO i wouldnt worry too much about foot traffic since most sw nuts are looking for you! the thing i always do when travelling is try to find the sw stores in that area. many are hard to find, and way off the freeway. my advice, for what it is worth is stay close to home if youre running it yourself and be easy to find/close to fwy/hwy!

Diablo.. ever think about hoooking up w/ Skimmerwhisperer and going in on a joint venture?

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=13751

P.S - WE ARE SCREAMING FOR A SHOP IN THE NORTH END (MILL CREEK, EVERETT, LYNNWOOD, ALDERWOOD area)!!!!

i think that'd be an awesome idea... i mean if the 2 of you would come up with an agreement and get to know eachother and all that stuff, both of you could make a great store with not only fish,corals, but furniture and equipment, kind of like a store i know in Issaquah, but way better than them ;) .
Mill Creek, Lynwood, Alderwood, and Everett would be a great great idea !!! unless you want us to beg :D, then that's another story.

I know the south side has some crappy stores except indoor reef I love that place:D down here already. so there is a little competition, but its so close to home!!!!

The north side may be getting a new store due to the fact it has nothing except petco and I cant really call that a lfs, but sucks alot I was looking to stop driving for awile ( been a cab driver for 8 years seattle traffic sucks ) BUT I can open other shops after I get this one going.

I have not talked to skimmerwhisperer yet, but in the next few days if I can find some time I am hopefully going up there to look at some of his equipment. I do not want to compete with someone else who is just starting out too I do not think that would be fair. so if he is still planning a shop I will go to the opposite end of the map. Ill talk to him more about all this later.

anyways Im still a couple months away, But working hard for you doods/doodettes!!!!

Best of luck in your endeavors! Tough business, I'm sure.

I second the motion that the north end is lacking. Fortunately I work just down the street from SWC but I would love to have something further north.

I only make it to West Seattle a few times a year but I will be sure to stop in.

I have been looking for locations all over and cant find no retail space that is reasonable. So heres what I am looking into now. I need to find a wherehouse somewhere that has like a showroom. showroom would be for retail and the extra space in back for the online store. ( still need to find a good web designer) Everywhere that I have already looked wants like $2 sq ft + triple net crap. I want to make things affordable for you without a 6x-10x's mark up. So there is where I am at right now. May just find a space down on west valley hwy in kent to get the ball rollin. If you will take a ferry to shark reef. Then I know you will drive down south to check me out and come back for more!! Hopefully I can find a nice spot, easy to find, with lots of parking. I am planning a large retail/ online shop. With a nice sized QT. Hope to see you guys/gals soon. happy reefing!!

I know there is a vacant building for lease on 167th and Aurora Ave N in Shoreline that hasn't had a tennant for some time (years?). There are two buildings and has loading docks in the back. I don't know about the price, but everytime I drive by there I imagine (dream) how great it would be if I owned a fish store there! Check it out. I'd imagine the southend has to have cheaper rent though.

With the way gas prices are.....well...not that I do a lot of LFS shopping around here anyway..

Let me know if you need help getting stuff setup when you have decided on a place Larry.

Best,
Ilham

will do Ilham. if there is enuf space I may have you set a clown fish breeding/raising station. So we can have a few workshops from time to time. It will be comming this fall. I am calling IAP tomorrow to get some small cubicles made. I am going to start building the frames for the tanks real soon. I am setting up more and more accounts as time goes on. Going to sponser this wonderful website real soon!! Every thing is looking real good except I have no time for anything anymore.

Pming you Ilham

skimmerwhisperer had some tanks that would work great for retail sales if kahuna didnt get them. i was looking at them but havent been back since.

diablo said:
showroom would be for retail and the extra space in back for the online store. ( still need to find a good web designer)

I am a web developer / database developer by profession.

Professional Sites that I've created:

nmml.afsc.noaa.gov (currently under revision)
www.mojavedata.gov
www.dmg.gov
www.californiadesert.gov
www.co.sutter.ca.us

My personal interest website:

www.legionsofazeroth.org

If I take on the work of doing an online store from scratch, I'd require a hefty amount of gear/corals. :)

yeah I picked up a few things from skimmerwhisper.
I know you guys are asking for the north end, but its time to find a spot that is cheap and big enuf to do what I want to do.

I will just leave it at this It will be a experiance. something that does not exist up here!! you will come where ever it opens.

changing the name to The Fish Paradise due to some company bought my domain name and about a million more long story I will have to try to find a link. I own the domain name www.thefishparadise.com but have no site yet erik I will be talking to you about this somemore.

Back