New Tank- 150gal setup help!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

How the sea-swirls are designed, then only rotate 90 degrees each way so you can set them to rotate 90 degrees from any point and back. So take Chuck's old 75gal for eg. He had his mounted to the side of the tank so the sea-swirl start point was straight out and then it rotated all the way around to the back wall and back. With mine, it was mounted in the center so my start point 30 degrees to one side around to 30 degrees to the other side so it all depends on you. Here are some pics to show you what I mean...:)
These sound cool. Do they have adjustable speeds? (as far as rotation)

If you've never seen it before, look at the last pic on this page. This is Sherman's tank that has no sump at all!:)

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11059&page=12
Ok, so if I'm right.... no sump = cool animated pictures.

That's a nice tank. Without a sump though, where's the skimmer? Unless there's a hangon that I'm just not seeing.

is there any reason you want the achilles tang???? they are pretty tough to keep....if you get one, try to go with a company that has a 2 week guarantee!!! you don't want to eat that money if it dies....if you wanted a fish a little easier, but similar, you could go with a whitecheek tang, or goldrim tang..they are not the easiest to keep, but they are similar and supposedly a little easier to keep!!! Just MAKE SURE YOU QUARANTINE ANY TANG, or fish for that matter.....i want some pics when you get one:)

i'd go for the MH, i'm glad i did i started with just PC's and went to metal halide after a year, i'm geussing it would have been the same with VHO's too, maybe not t-5's since lots of people have success with sps with those too

These sound cool. Do they have adjustable speeds? (as far as rotation)

Yeah they are cool, but not adjustable. The new "Wavy Sea" is though. That is the one I was going to get for my cube because it is lower profile, but this one is supposed to be better than the sea-swirl as it comes with a controller. It also comes in white and black:)

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...Product_Code=FC-WV-B&Category_Code=Wavemaking

Ok, so if I'm right.... no sump = cool animated pictures.

That's a nice tank. Without a sump though, where's the skimmer? Unless there's a hangon that I'm just not seeing.

ROF!! Yeah...Animation is the bonus feature of not having a sump:p He has a hang on skimmer, but you just can't really see it. I talked to him in private about his setup before when setting up my cube to see if he enjoyed the sumpless design and he said he wants a sump, but manages without one. I can pm him and have him reply here if you'd like to get his take on it, but from what I gathered, life would be a lot easier had he had one:)

is there any reason you want the achilles tang???? they are pretty tough to keep....if you get one, try to go with a company that has a 2 week guarantee!!! you don't want to eat that money if it dies....if you wanted a fish a little easier, but similar, you could go with a whitecheek tang, or goldrim tang..they are not the easiest to keep, but they are similar and supposedly a little easier to keep!!! Just MAKE SURE YOU QUARANTINE ANY TANG, or fish for that matter.....i want some pics when you get one:)
I wanted one mostly because they're a great looking fish and most people don't have one. But like I said, if it's skin is delicate a net might tear it. Forget about it. I was thinking about the white cheeck tang as a substitute.

i'd go for the MH, i'm glad i did i started with just PC's and went to metal halide after a year, i'm geussing it would have been the same with VHO's too, maybe not t-5's since lots of people have success with sps with those too
Yeah, I'll probably just go with that. And after looking at prices, it looks like going for a MH hood would only cost another $2-300.

Yeah they are cool, but not adjustable. The new "Wavy Sea" is though. That is the one I was going to get for my cube because it is lower profile, but this one is supposed to be better than the sea-swirl as it comes with a controller. It also comes in white and black:)

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...Product_Code=FC-WV-B&Category_Code=Wavemaking
Sounds good, unfortunately I can't open the link. I'm "working" right now. And they block most sites. This one just slipped through the cracks I guess.

ROF!! Yeah...Animation is the bonus feature of not having a sump:p He has a hang on skimmer, but you just can't really see it. I talked to him in private about his setup before when setting up my cube to see if he enjoyed the sumpless design and he said he wants a sump, but manages without one. I can pm him and have him reply here if you'd like to get his take on it, but from what I gathered, life would be a lot easier had he had one:)
Well if someone who can do it without a sump, wishes they had a sump.... I'm going to have to go with a sump.

Sounds good, unfortunately I can't open the link. I'm "working" right now. And they block most sites. This one just slipped through the cracks I guess.

LOL...Well just go to Premium Aqquatics website ( www.premiumaquatics.com ) and click the title "Enter our New Oline store" and once you get in, it's on that page on the right hand side down close to the bottomish:p (ie if you want to check it out from work)

Well if someone who can do it without a sump, wishes they had a sump.... I'm going to have to go with a sump.

Yeah...You'll be glad you did:)

Back