New tank one year from now?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I heard Mitch was the problem. Taking orders and being months behind, not answering the phone, etc. Once you got the tank, it was fine. But the wait time was months longer than promised.

Be prepared for alot of grief for considering GC.
There may be some genuine complaints, but people like to repete the stories as if they were their own experinces. And boy, does that name attrach a crowd of haters.
I had a great experince with GC. I have a great 240 made by them. Built exactly as promised and delivered at a fairly reasonable price.
Now I do know of a person here on RF that had the opposite experince with them. It was well documented.

Yep - as for that scenario I had the same experience. Had done quite a bit of research on him before ordering so I basically doubled the order time anticipating the delay - no surprise when it arrived 2 months late. lol

Yeah Mitch was absolutely terrible. Take a look in my shark tank thread for an excellent example of how he does business. He had said that all us f'ing Americans are the same, we throw money around make unreasonable demands and have no respect for anyone. I paid for my tank in advance and after the tank missing the shipout date by several weeks I learned that it had not even been built. I was able to despite the charges and get my money back. He threw together a piece of **** tank and re-charged my credit card without my authorization. Built and shipped in less than a week. All the edges where left as fresh cuts. No bevel, not sanded, and not polished. The overflows were not finished, he did not use the black silicon I requested, the tank had several chips, he did not include the sump baffles I paid for and every single hole drilled in the tank had chips all the way around the cut.

dang...that really sucks! I guess I did luck out. Yea...another reason to buy American next time!

Back