NEWBE :)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SeattlesDarko

REEFER...
Hi, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Donna, and I am fairly new to the hobby (but completely obsessed really) and I'm happy to say that I will be becoming a member at tomorrows meeting!

I started with a 35g reef tank, and had this up and running for a little over a month. Then when Krisfal was selling her 46g bowfront, I snatched it right up (thanks Krisfal!). I did a little work on it, refinishing the stand and redid all the plumbing (I hope you like it Krisfal) then dropped all of the equipment into the stand in a 20g sump/refuge. I finally finished it last week and it's currently running, and running well :) I am still waiting for a part in order to use the lights that came with it, then I will be able to put the hood on to complete it. Well for now, we all know our tanks are never really complete. :)

Here are a few shots of what I've got going on right now.

No worries the hose was just checking for leaks
DSCN0276.jpg

DSCN0286.jpg

IMG_6570.jpg

Thanks and I'll be seeing you all tomorrow :)
Donna

Nice job so far and gonna be really nice once all done with cycle and growth

BTW welcome to the addiction.. (better than drugs But more expensive) LOL

That looks nice!! I'm Dana, and we just set up our new 46g bow front too! I'd love to see how yours comes along! We also built a custom stand and hood with a 20g refugium underneath. What kind of lights do you have going? Sorry for all the q's, i'm always so curious to see how other people do things!:)

Sweet sweet and welcome I think I saw you at Kris' house when you were picking up the tank hubby and I were picking up some corals but glad you decided to join PSAS you will love it :)

Thanks Everyone :) I am looking forward to putting some faces to the names.

That looks nice!! I'm Dana, and we just set up our new 46g bow front too! I'd love to see how yours comes along! We also built a custom stand and hood with a 20g refugium underneath. What kind of lights do you have going? Sorry for all the q's, i'm always so curious to see how other people do things!:)

You can see more of what I did on this build thread as for the lights they power compacts in those pictures but I have coralife 150w MH I am waiting for the converter for the attics I got straight pin bulbs and square pin plug luckily I found the $8 fix but they are somewhere between here and there in the UPS LAND.
http://www.livingreefs.com/forums/tank-showcase/17526-darkos-upgrade-46g-bow-front.html

Thanks Everyone :) I am looking forward to putting some faces to the names.

You can see more of what I did on this build thread as for the lights they power compacts in those pictures but I have coralife 150w MH I am waiting for the converter for the attics I got straight pin bulbs and square pin plug luckily I found the $8 fix but they are somewhere between here and there in the UPS LAND.
http://www.livingreefs.com/forums/tank-showcase/17526-darkos-upgrade-46g-bow-front.html

OOPs I never checked out the pin config on those lights, just ordered the same as my other set without thinking about it. Sorry about that!

Back