Next Coral Farmers Market in Portland?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ptownreefer

As many of you may already know This years North West Coral Farmers Market was canceled. This was due to several reasons but low attendance to the previous two CFM was most likely a factor. After talking to Steve Tyree it sounds like the NW-CFM is not coming back until 2011. For me it was an event I looked forward to all year. It is the North Wests opportunity to be a big part of the national reef keeping scene. My question is, if the NW-CFM does come back to Portland who would make the journey south to attend? I know it is a long way for many of you but it is a great event and could use your support. 2011 is a long ways away so if we can show enough support maybe we could convince Steve and Art to bring the event back sooner.

If you have not heard of this event here is a link:

http://www.nw-cfm.com/

yes,i will be there again ,,last time was fun stay up untill closing time ,,came home wih all the goodies.
love to see NW-CFM happening every year.:)

That would be sweet if it came to seattle but I would be willing to make the journey to portland and i would be willing to take a couple people with me.

Hey Ashton sounds like a road trip!!! You me and Niles! You know it would be a fun road trip with the 3 of us;). I wish they can do something here in the Seattle area. There are so many reefers up here.

I would also be up for a roadtrip to Portland. Count me and J-Mac in for the next one.

I think that Amtrak is pretty cheap from Seattle to Portland, too.

It is great to see some support. I realize it would be better for many of you if the event was in Seattle but Steve Tyree and Art Petit, along with several other vendors from California actually drive up here with a car full of frags. It would be even harder to convince them to drive to Seattle. The event is well worth the trip down here. You will have the opportunity to purchase LE corals at a discounted rate and talk with some very influential people like Steve Tyree.

If I could only get him to autograph the corals I have bought from him. lol

An event in Seattle would be a great idea too. I am willing to help organize something like that but I would need help from the shops and farmers from the area.

You could try contacting BRA, ARSA, Blue Sierra to see if they would be interested in participating in a event like this. It would be agreat way for them to get thier names out there too. I'm also sure farmers here would be willing to participate in the area if it was to happen. As you can see on this board there are alot of us in this neck of the woods.

I went to the one down in Portland last year. It was a lot of fun and there was some very nice corals to be had. I know I spent way too much money that day.

The event was held in Portland because of location and sales tax reasons. It's only a three hour drive from Seattle and was worth the trip for me last year. Five of us went down and we would all do it again. I'm actually pretty dissapointed it's not going to happen this year and 2011 is a long wait.

i haven't herd of the event till now but Yes i would be there for sure 3hrs from here not much diffrent than 2.5 to seattle for me. you can count on seeing me there

I think it would be pretty easy to at least get something put together here. It doesn't have to be a coral farmer's market or anything, but at least an equipment/tank swap meet. In fact I would frequent equipment swap meets in the local area if they existed. Even then, little events like those could easily evolve into a coral swap and/or farmer's market. :confused:

I like the idea of an event in the Seattle area but it would be very expensive. I think the best thing is to give some support to what Steve and Art have already started for us. I would totally love to see as many hobbyists from Washington attend as possible. As the support is building I may mention this thread to Steve so he knows that there are many of us that would really like to see the event happen in 2010 instead of 2011.

I like the idea of an event in the Seattle area but it would be very expensive. I think the best thing is to give some support to what Steve and Art have already started for us. I would totally love to see as many hobbyists from Washington attend as possible. As the support is building I may mention this thread to Steve so he knows that there are many of us that would really like to see the event happen in 2010 instead of 2011.

Sounds like a great idea Issac!! Lets have one next year!!

It would be great to have some of the Washington shops participate also. I have heard good things about several of the shops up North.

Back