NITRO RC.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I've been into R/C for years. A couple of years ago I got into R/C Helis, talk about fun and yes expensive.

I got one a couple of years ago... Seems like something breaks almost every time I take it out - luckily they are easy to fix and not too expensive for the parts.... The glow plugs seem to go out all the time!!!

yeah i broke a couple things so far, 1 cost 5 bucks and the other was 8 bucks. i think it all depends on how hard you drive it. the more you jump the more chances you are into breaking something. Glow plugs, i'm still running the one that came with the truck, i did burn one on my first truck, i set it too lean and it was gone right away. I rolled my truck really bad and nothing broke, then i bumped into something not too hard and it broke the arm. i guess it just depends on the angle.

helis are pretty cool, hard to control if you never dealt with one. my bro had one and i tried to fly it but it was too cold outside and windy so not a chance for me.
i like the planes too, but those are darn expensive.

r/c jet on fire!!!
YouTube - ‪RC jet fire‬‏

now that's burning money

I got a T-Max truck - they are a blast.... Maybe I will try adjusting the mixture to see if I can get the plug to last longer. I only get three or four tanks of gas through before the plug burns up.

yeah, i run a bit on the rich side to keep my engine around 210 degrees f. i dont get full performance but then again i'm not racing so i dont need it and my engine will last longer.
i get my plugs from ebay, 5 for 12bucks instead of 8 bucks a piece locally.
tmaxx is a pretty cool truck and can take a good beating.

maybe we can go bashing some weekend, you dont live that far.

don't get the standard replacement plugs....they are crap. Get the heavy duty plugs and they last a lot longer. I love my TMax....fun times!

Any of you guys into R/C Boats ??? I have a bunch/pile of gear/components boat and hydro that would like to see go to a good home (make the wife happy to beat) Shoot me a PM for more info/detail if interested.

Cheers, Todd

Any of you guys into R/C Boats ??? I have a bunch/pile of gear/components boat and hydro that would like to see go to a good home (make the wife happy to beat) Shoot me a PM for more info/detail if interested.

Cheers, Todd
Did you run your boats over on Silver Lake? I've always wanted to give that a go.

Yes we did most of tune-up/test runs at Silver Lake and Twin Lakes. Most of the clubs sanctioned races were held in Kent at the Old Waste-water treatment ponds. I competed in the 3.5cc and 7.5cc Unlimited/modified Hydro classes. AND THIS HOBBY WAS AT LEAST AS EXPENSIVE AS REEFKEEPING. Anyway if anyone is interested to starting up or adding to RC Boats give me a shout out. Or to give to thier son...hint...hint...Dave.

Cheers, Todd

Sounds good.... I'll take a look on Ebay for some heavy duty plugs....
For what it's worth I think I got mine from A Main Hobbies online. It was reasonable pricing with shipping and they were quick. Haven't replaced the plug since then. Also, look at some of the tuning articles on the Traxxas site. They give good insight into cooling the engine which reduces the wear on the plugs and also the tuning for different weather conditions. I really was able to dial mine in a lot from the factory settings based on those articles.

Back