Nothing like a couple of hot days to remind a guy to clean his dust filters ...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dnjan

alveopora
I always forget to clean the dust filters on the fans in my hood. But when the weather gets hot, I get desperate to cool the tank. Then I remember that I can't remember when I last cleaned the filters. Two hours after I replaced the filters, the tank temperature had dropped a half of a degree, though the room temperature remained the same.

So far it looks like no damage. Hope everyone else got by as well.

Yeah I was freaking out at work worried, but when I got home everything seemed ok. I left the halides off the last couple of days and only turned them on for a few hours in the evening.

My tank was holding strong at 86 degrees even with the extra fans...lucky for me my tank is use to the heat :) ...Not a single loss

wow, man im afraid...

the hot weather isn't here yet,

Then now is the time to make sure your fan filters are clean (don't wait like I did), and also to pick up a spare (or two) clip-on fan. I had a clip-on mounted inside the hood, but the plastic turned brittle and disintegrated this past week.

I have mine in the garage, Saturday was 102 the highest temp I got was 83. Went to running my lights over night. Frozen bottles of water for the sump.

althready done.... ac tested temp probe tested.. adiitional thermometers installed... fan should be cleaned tho...

Back