O.K Let see some coral shots.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dabears26

dapainter
I see gordo started a post on full tank shots.SO let see some of your best coral pic's. Should be fun . Here is one of my Fire clown at home will get some more later .:razz: :) :D

tyree_012006.jpg

This probably isn't my best coral, but I think it's a cool pic. Sorry about the size and darkness.
Ricordia.jpg

This sucks everytime i see pictures of somebody's acros their polyps are out with the lights on. Mine are almost never out with the lights on. But so far from what i've seen everything looks awesome. I have those exact same Xenias in my reef but they have started to take over everything!!!

That was the same for me for years, Shallowreef. However, that could be other factors. Higher nitrate, higher phosphate, nipping fish, etc. My SPS extend like crazy at night, but I'm seeing some nice furry corals in my tank during the day time as well finally. Apparently, my water quality is virtually perfect finally.

That coral is absolutely stunning, and I watch it every day. It is very tiny, maybe 1.5" x 1.5" x 1.5" but it has made a ton of progress since last August. And it put up with the PO4 levels in my tank somehow.

See mine don't extend like crazy at night like they should. I got my LFS guy coming over on Friday to help out.

Well, I don't want to steer this thread off topic. Better you start a new thread perhaps, putting a link in this one. Polyp extension isn't exactly the definition of a healthy coral, but we tend to think it is.

Back on topic:

suncoral_polyp.jpg

I love your sun coral !!!
i just got one about a week or so ago and the polyps are starting to come out... its one of the cutest corals.

Sweet PIctures Everybody Mark,charlie and Blazer Those are some beatiful coral shot's are using. Photoshop program to clean up the pictyres.And if not how are they coming out so nice.??

Blazer88 said:
This probably isn't my best coral, but I think it's a cool pic. Sorry about the size and darkness.
Ricordia.jpg
Is That some type of ricordia or a Red Elephant Ear mushroom..??:D

dabears26 said:
Sweet PIctures Everybody Mark,charlie and Blazer Those are some beatiful coral shot's are using. Photoshop program to clean up the pictyres.And if not how are they coming out so nice.??

Actually, the suncoral shot is virtually directly out of the camera. I told it to autocorrect levels, and it darkened it slightly.

Here's what I recommend for photo adjustments: http://www.melevsreef.com/pics/demo/

Hey....marc ...I tried melev's reef didn't work ...I have got a 5 megapixel digital camera pictures turn out fuzzy unless far away....???

Last edited:
My picture was of my Ric, not some weird giant mushroom :) I'm using a really old 2.3 megapixel camera, you just have know how to adjust it. All of these shots were even taken w/out a tripod. I ordered a new 5 megapixel Kodak w/10x optical zoom, it should be here tomorrow. Any ways, here are a few more.
Frogspawn_700.jpg

Hammer_700.jpg

Zoas_700.jpg

O YEAH Sweet picture's Blazer 88 SO what your saying it's not the camera it's da user....DA....BEARS....LOL

I used to have i thriving reef aquarium but when i went on vacation somthing went wrong and more than half of my corals were killed:cry: . the xenia that I posted is my first step in rebuilding my reef aquarium.

Last edited:
Back