O.K Let see some coral shots.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dabears26 said:
Hey....marc ...I tried melev's reef didn't work ...I have got a 5 megapixel digital camera pictures turn out fuzzy unless far away....???

I just checked and my site is up, so perhaps it was down earlier.

I looked at your pictures, and most of them are rather blue-ish. Some cameras have trouble focusing in low light. It could be how you press the shutter button as well. Have you read this article yet:
http://www.melevsreef.com/take_great_pictures.html

Marc has some great tips on his site, not to mention one of the most helpful sites I've come across period. Anyways, I went through a ton of shots before something came up that was decent. Taking pictures is free, just shoot away. And holding the shutter button down halfway to make sure the camera is focusing correctly really helps. I also turn or all of my pumps, turn off the lights in the room, use a tri-pod (I just got one), and shoot away. Photoshop is great to correct white balance issues so pictures don't come out so blue. I also mess with the E/V (the only thing I can adjust on my cheapo camera) which also made a vast difference. And jsmkmavity, what are you asking to frag?

Thanks ...Mark..And Blazer 88 I will give it a shot . I ckecked thru the menu and .Do use a portrait setting or Landscape..?? I Have tried both but still not happy ....

dabears, you want to set your camera to Macro mode. It usually is represented by a button with a flower on it, or perhaps on the display screen. Portrait and Landscape may be vertical or horizontal pictures, or distance vs lighting a person's face with the surrounding area a little blurry.

Here's couple more to keep this thread going. ;)
IMG_0319-copy-1_original.jpg

IMG_0317_filtered.jpg

IMG_0322-copy_filtered.jpg

Beautiful picture's gene.Nice acro.....Oh yeah sweet picture's charlie where is the torch??????

*drooling* ohh beautiful Charlie... beautiful.
Now can we see your hammer again :oops: :) ... you know i like your tank a lot.... please !!!

ohh dood i love it !!!
your hammer is just as beautiful as your torch !! i'm sure that if i was there you would have to tell willis to get me out :D.

spongebob lover said:
ohh dood i love it !!!
your hammer is just as beautiful as your torch !! i'm sure that if i was there you would have to tell willis to get me out :D.

Thanx alot you guys, I really appreciate the kind words:oops: :oops: :oops:

Gabby, Willis wouldn't try to get you out, he'd just probably lick you to death. You'd probably leave on your own after that.:lol: :lol:

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH, look at what finn snuck in, those are really nice.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Charlie, how long have you had that hummer, dood? :D
I've noticed lately that Euphyllias been coming in very rarely and almost always in poor shape, at least around here. I might bug you for a frag of it in the future. :D

lol !! nawww now that i think about it, i'd probably give willis a nice big bone and tell him to distract you while i go swimming in your tank :lol:.

Back