o2manyfish - Sat Dec 18th Free Frags for Kids

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status on event

All,

The event begins at 11:00am. We are planning on showing the kids how to make salt water from mix and glue their fingers together with...got that wrong...oh yeah...glue SPS frags on to rock fragments...that's right. Anyway, we will have hot dogs, chips, drinks. Current body count is 13 kids are bringing 9 adults to Dave's for the Free Frag event. Since the kids will be busy having fun, I may need an adult to help with the food preparation.

Cya Saturday,

Ted

What an awsome thing to do it sounds great!! Anything you can do with kids together is fantastic in my book . My 17 year old son loves our tank and i'm glad we have sompthing in common to share .

Frags

Hey Folks,

So for people who thought Free Frags for kids would be a bunch of browned out frags. Here is some of the frags the kids will have to choose from tomorrow.

Thanks to Chris at Reefermadness and myself the kids will get to choose from an assortment of Acros, Stylos and Birdsnest. In a variety of colors.

Dave B

kids_1-01.jpg

kids_2-01.jpg

Sweet stuff! Very generous of Chris and company! Am I seeing slimer's and tort's? The kids will have a blast making SW and gluing stuff!

Cya tomorrow!

Ted

I hope things go well over there today!

The kids will surely have fun.

This is a great way to generate more interest in our hobby.

- Elmo

All,

Just got home from the Free Frag fest. The event was a lot of fun. The turn out was smaller than expected but everyone had a blast and agreed it should be an annual event! I'lll post some pics later.

Ted

MtnDewMan said:
I tried checking out the webcam, but for some reason it wasn't loading for me today :( I wanted to check things out from here.

Camera is working now. Don't know about earlier today.

Photos from the event

T_Reef_Kid placing glue
showphoto.php

T_Reef_Kid mounting a frag
showphoto.php

How not to measure salinity
showphoto.php

Correct way to measure salinity
showphoto.php

Selecting a frag to mount
showphoto.php

Dave..
Thanks so much!I LOVE the stuff I "didn't want"!!!!
Ted,
As always,thanks for putting the grub together!(back to carrot sticks for me(NOT).

Dave and all:

What a great event...The kids (and us adults) really had a great time...Definitely have to make this an annual event. Everyone wins! Everyone should take part in this next time; it's a blast!

Scott F.

Dave, Kaitlin, Rachel and myself would like to thank you for letting us show up late. My kids were very happy to pick their own corals and glue them to rocks, something I have never let the do. It was funny to listen to them on the way home talk about what they wanted to do to the tank, where they wanted to place their new frags.
Funny, I saw myself in them and how I feel after coming home from a great frag swap. My poor wife, now she has to put up with three of us!

Thanks again Dave for this great event!

Back