~~ October 20th PSAS meeting with LEE BIRCH~~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jesshimom

I have no fish.
Can you believe it?

Sorry for the delay in meeting notice but it is the 3rd Saturday as usual; back at our usual haunt, BCC.

We will probably meet up for pizza nearby beforehand.

More details to follow; please mark this date down!!

Octobers Meeting with Lee Birch is Sponsored by Barrier Reef! They will be having a couple special MEMBERS ONLY specials on Saturday before the meeting... :D**20% off SPS Frags and 25% off Adelaide's new Live Food Products**:D

Barrier Reef is also graciously providing 10 Frags:eek: to be raffled off at the meeting!!

I hope to see you all there for this one!!!

~Randy~

Everybody ready for this weekend???? We are very Luck to have LEE Birch come out to talk with us. We will be in our usual Classroom at BCC Room B104. Is there anyone that wants to meet for a pre-meeting????? Where is everyone???

Is this meeting open to members only or can a non-member attend? (He's a ReefFrontiers member but lives out of town so is not a PSAS member.)

I remember last year towards the tail end, they let non PSAS members attend a single session for a small fee. I bet if you sweet talk Randy or the other board members they'll let an out-of-towner attend a single session for a similar small fee. I assume this is Elliot (snowboarda42) driving in from over the mountains?

Yes, it is Eliott. I asked him if he was going to the meeting and he asked if non-members could attend.

I remember last year towards the tail end, they let non PSAS members attend a single session for a small fee. I bet if you sweet talk Randy or the other board members they'll let an out-of-towner attend a single session for a similar small fee. I assume this is Elliot (snowboarda42) driving in from over the mountains?

You caught me :lol:

Just an FYI...

I fragged several of the corals for the PSAS raffle, to be held at this meeting, today. They include:

1. Pink Acropora selago
2. Green Slimer Acropora
3. Turquoise Acropora
4. Chipps Acropora
5. Tri Color Acropora pulchra
6. Neon Orange Montipora digitata
7. Green Body Blue Tip Staghorn Acropora
8. 1 Polyp Superman Rhodactis Bullseye Mushroom

There are two other corals TBD. Anyone have any "reasonable" special requests? :)

Here's the deal. We didn't make any special consessions at the end of last year; it's the summer months when we have activities we charged a $5 fee to pay for nonmember food.

Our regular meetings cost us money; and the meetings are always advertised members only. We made a decision that we would not have non-member events, as once you start it you have to do it all the time.

A single membership is $25; and gets you tons of discounts and then a reason to trapze back over this side. Hey, you could probably meet up with Ed Hahn to carpool after this meeting.

:)

A
single membership is $25; and gets you tons of discounts and then a reason to trapze back over this side. Hey, you could probably meet up with Ed Hahn to carpool after this meeting.

Am I going to be able to renew my membership at the door? I haven't had a chance since I was shut down when I tried to use my ATM card to do it. LOL

membership payment

Can I pay at the door for my membership? What is the cost for a single member(me) vs. a dual (me and my wife)?

I assume BCC is Bellevue Community College? What is the start time?

PIZZA?!? Where???

Don

Last edited:
Been thinking about joining for a couple months now. Having Lee there is going to drive me to do it! I see on the PSAS website it says I can join at the door. What time does this all start?

Yes you can join at the door at any meeting. Or at Barrier Reef, Indoor Reef, Ocean Reef Aquatics, Reef Mystique, or The Shark Reef.

The Meeting is at Bellevue Community College in B104 @ 6pm.

If anyone wants to meet beforehand for pizza or something, POST here. We don't normally plan a pre-meeting unless the interest is there.

Yes you can join at the door at any meeting. Or at Barrier Reef, Indoor Reef, Ocean Reef Aquatics, Reef Mystique, or The Shark Reef.

The Meeting is at Bellevue Community College in B104 @ 6pm.

If anyone wants to meet beforehand for pizza or something, POST here. We don't normally plan a pre-meeting unless the interest is there.

Just a reminder...I can't speak for the other stores but, when you renew at Barrier, payment needs to be made with cash or check. We offer this service as a favor to the PSAS and the credit card fees are killers, which we can't afford to pay for the club. Thanks for understanding:)

Nice to meet you

I am so glad my wife and I came. It was wonderful to hear Mr. Birch tell me we were feeding all the wrong things (well mostly all).

It was really nice to have met those of you we did meet.

I'm glad we joined.

See you next time.

Don

Back