Randy Reed of Reef Nutrition will be our Speaker

The meeting will be at:

Bellevue Community College​

3000 Landerholm Circle S.E., Room B104​

Bellevue WA 98007​

October 18, 2008 at 1:00 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting Kris.

Ill be looking forward to this meeting. I have lot of pod eaters nowadays.:rolleyes:

Just so you guys know he will be at the PNWMAS meeting which is being held in Vancouver on Sunday the 19th. Just wanted to share that too.

www.pnwmas.org

Yes, It was nice That Randy worked us both in. Thank you for allowing this to happen. :)

Next Saturday, A earlier meeting time of 1pm. Guest speaker Randy Reed of Reed Mariculture/ Reef Nutrition foods. We will be raffling off a new Reef Nutrition product just coming out. Also raffling off Bellaphos(GFO) from Idaho club.
Come meet the people around you sharing this great hobby while getting a education. Members are always welcome to trade frags and equipment before presentation. I hope to see you there. :) Ed

In addition to the raffle we will be giving away a door prize at this meeting. For card carrying members only (or those who show up and join at the meeting), show up to the meeting, show your card, get a ticket. The drawing at end of presentation and you must be present to win.

We hope to see a great turn out!

Wanted to clarify:
My intent wasn't to try to sway members to our meeting. I just wanted people to know that Randy Reed was going to be at two places. And wanted those that are closer to Vancouver and/or can't make your Saturday meeting, that there is another chance to hear/meet him.

Hope it was taking that way, sorry if it came across that way.
Mike

No worries ever Mike. Lets keep communicating. We have a guest speaker next month also. Maybe he will visit you guys also or we can share information. Thanks for all you do.

The door prize for this meeting is a $25.00 Barrier Reef Gift Certificate. Just in time for the big anniversary sale coming up!

See you Saturday!

Notes?

I REALLY wanted to make it over for this meeting but I am in the midst of writing my thesis and just cant make the drive right now:(

Any chance someone could take detailed notes and post or forward them? Or at least pass along any information sources Randy suggests? I would be appreciated if someone was willing!
Cheers,
Tracy

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me which Algae is more benefitial as food for fish? Brown Algae or Green Algae?

Which type of fish is more benefitial as food saltwater fish or freshwater fish and why?

I am checking how many people were paying attention at todays Meeting. He he

Can anyone tell me which Algae is more benefitial as food for fish? Brown Algae or Green Algae?

Which type of fish is more benefitial as food saltwater fish or freshwater fish and why?

I am checking how many people were paying attention at todays Meeting. He he
You know Ed....we always kid around about this, but having some notes on the website (maybe behind a password for members only) would be superb. Imagine how happy people would be when they miss a meeting but are still able to read about it. Or better yet, they were at the meeting and forgot something that they heard. Just an idea.

Brown algea
Omega 3 fatty acids...... :p

I may be starting a rotifer culter after that presentation.

There are omega 3 fatty acids in salt water fish thats why they are better.
Brown algae is 85% + Bio availability and easy to digest example Pavalona soft outer shell.
Green algae is 15-20% " " " " and Harder to digest Example Tetraselmis Harder Shell
Brown algae also has 3 types of omega 3 fatty acids green algae has one or two? and does not have the one that is the most important DHA acid

Checkout this website it should have all the info you would want !

http://www.reed-mariculture.com/rotifer/

Back