Octopus Skimmer water level???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

let us know what kind of skimmate you get in the next couple days...mine is getting nasty...i will try to post a pic tomorrow..it has been in my sump that isn't set up yet..i am curing some new rock in it...the skimmer is working great!!!

I just wanted to say I had mine first. I am better. these skimmers make the whole bottom end crap. for $125 you can get a 2 foot 6 inch tube needlewheel made out of cast Acrylic. good bye coralife super skimmers, good bye seacraps, good bye cpr, good bye aquac urchins. We can all see the skimmer light now.

There are still better skimmers but they start at $800ish and up. All I know is they must pay there employee's well. Deltec for one goes up 2-300 or so from England to here so i figure each one gets its own seat on a plane. maybe two share one. either way these other companies are going to have to stop ripping us off.

I just wanted to say I had mine first. I am better. these skimmers make the whole bottom end crap. for $125 you can get a 2 foot 6 inch tube needlewheel made out of cast Acrylic. good bye coralife super skimmers, good bye seacraps, good bye cpr, good bye aquac urchins. We can all see the skimmer light now.

There are still better skimmers but they start at $800ish and up. All I know is they must pay there employee's well. Deltec for one goes up 2-300 or so from England to here so i figure each one gets its own seat on a plane. maybe two share one. either way these other companies are going to have to stop ripping us off.

They have to be doing something right since vue is sold out till only god knows when.

Don

Well I got up this morning and immediately checked the skimmer. It seems to be working well. My water is clear (although it was clear before I got it), the Skimmer collected about 3/4 inch of yellow water. Im sure it would've collected more if I hadnt just done a water change a couple of days ago.

Don i think that is why you see more of the SWC ones lately.
Roly try lowering the pipe a little on the outlet. A little dryer foam. It might not get to the top right away but it will work its way there.

Brad, I lowered it pretty much all the way down. I could see the foam going into the cup, although, not all the way up so that it will spill over. Im gonna leave it there for a while to see what happens.

Back