OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Help!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

muss60

Does anyone have the Complete Encyclopedia of the Saltwater Aquarium book by Nick Dakin... if so, look at page # 27.

I just discovered, in the bank of my tank, something that looks IDENTICAL to that whitish thing hanging on a rock. It says it's clownfish eggs???

I'm freaking out here, if it is, they'll never survive (and we just moved that particular rock last weekend, if we hurt them, that's awful, my little nemo's look worried.

can this be? we don't have a holding tank - would they survive a trip back to the Peter's Reef Pond (our faithful aquarium man 1/2 drive away) - he's not open tonight, or else I would have called him.

Any thoughts, comments?

I apologize - I'm reading all kinds of stuff after doing a search; I should have done the reading first, I just panicked. Will do my homework, then ask questions.... But thanks for the good luck message Reeferdude!

Just leave them be. Mom and Dad will tend to them, so stop worrying. If you want to try to raise the young, get a breeder net and once they hatch and swim, use a fine nylon net like a brine shrimp net and put them in the breeder net. Otherwise, let them hatch, swim around, and they will get eaten by other fish, mom/dad, etc. It happens in the wild, so don't worry.

mine lay eggs every other week I just let the cycle do its thing, I figure one of these days I will try and raise them...

Clowns laying eggs is a pretty common event but raising the fry is kinda of a PIA ... most aquarist let mother nature handle the fry which usually means they become "food" for other critters. Not unlike shrimp which tend to produce offspring on a regular basis.

If you want to raise them Elmo is def your info source. Get some rotifers ready.

Back