OM 2-way Squirt

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have an OM SS and Dart pump. Did you check the bolts on top of the OM unit attaching the motor unit ? There is a o-ring gasket sealing the top motor unit from the lower drum unit. My closed loop is rather simple and I occasionally get some bubbles; not sure if they qualify as microbubbles though; small blast of moderate bubbles every couple of minutes or so. I've never seen any salt-creep around my OM SS unit drum/motor interface nor around the drum outlets. But I do have loc-lines partially out of the water. Lots of salt creep there. No air leak no salt creep right ? So I've always attributed it to the loc-lines. Be careful tightenning the outlet lines to the OM unit. I noticed that there was a narrow tolerance between the outlet lines and the moving drum unit. And you definitely don't want to crack your OM. My SS is now dead quiet. I had some noise issues with the original motor unit but the OM guy was very supportive and I've since replaced the motor. There is also about an inch distance separating the hot motor and the water. Likely negligble heat transfer at best. My only complaint is that I didn't by an 8-way for more options.

Last edited:
Back