opinions needed....geez never thought I'd say that.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

No man...that died with the 80s i thinks!
wat about carpet though for real?

I would think carpet pad would work just fine. There is some stuff that is made from recycled Nike's that has a real solid feel to it. I would hope that the stand is not all that far off.

Don

No man...that died with the 80s i thinks!
wat about carpet though for real?

so thats why the orange shag is so cheap lol, I have never used anything but thick carpet, unless you have a leak theres nothing wrong with carpet then its kinda crusty for a while

I would think carpet pad would work just fine. There is some stuff that is made from recycled Nike's that has a real solid feel to it. I would hope that the stand is not all that far off.

Don

LOL! Curing LR is bad enough now we got stinky running shoes on top? WOOHOO!

No the stand is not that far off. In fact where it sits it is perfectly level...the top just isn't perfectly flat. General flatness variations are between 1/8" and a 1/4"

I'm an unknown here, but I'd stay away from darkening the walnut. Too much contrast with the mahogany. I realize the mahogany will darken a bit with successive applications of the Watco, but you want the attention on your aquarium, not the stand, right? Just my two coppers.

Thanks brynik.

The walnut is about as dark as it will go. That final picture had the walnut stained/finished. I just have some sanding to do to really smooth it out. Next week I plan on setting the tank in place, plumbing and then addressing the doors. The move from one system to the next is my biggest concern right now.

I used two inch pink on mine and I can tell you that it did crush quite a bit, but that 6000 pounds right?? Is it 10 lbs per gallons right??
Mojo
Water weight is about 0.45 psi per foot of height.
Round up to a half psi per foot of tank height to include everything else.
So unless you tank is really tall, the pressure is not much.
(but if you multiply 1 psi times the square inch area of the tank bottom, you get the kind of number that makes the floor joists take notice!)

Back