Other Hobbies???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Aquatic Guru

Other hobbies???

Obviously having a saltwater aquarium is a pricey hobby. I was just curious what other expensive hobbies is everyone into or used to do? As for me .....from Spring to Fall...I like to go out golfing. I'm married right now without kids yet, so I better enjoy all these things for now before I get those little critters. Also before I got into saltwater tanks....I used to modify japanese cars like Hondas and Acuras.

Well, before the idiots sold the bowling alley and turned it into a furniture store, I use to be the Bahamas Bowling National Champion for about 4 years straight. I use to bowl on an average of 50 games per week, but now it is only in my dreams(LOL) Nevertheless, myself as well as a few others have gotten the approval last week to open a new Bowling Alley and are just waiting on a few more things before we decided if it is a go ahead. Other than that, you can find me in the ocean doing whatever from fishing, snorkling, spearing, cooling out whatever. Also, I'm big into cars, and go out to the tracks once and a while to watch a bit of drag racing. I use to spend all my time fixing up my cars etc, but that's been put on the back burner now since my wife did a 180 in my old S-10 SS and we ended up selling it(LOL) My newest hobby will be my frst born which if all goes well is due August 20th:)

I have my Koi pond 1200 gallons 19 koi. It can be fun if both are have problems at the same time.

R/C Cars
Motorcycles
My House
Spending time with the wife
Cars
Drag racing
Welding/Fabrication, nearly all alloy's
and the list goes on.......

hmmm i don't have to many and i don't think they are expensive but let's see
knitting, baking, drawing, my 2 year old kid(dood do as much as you can while youre free :p) ,playing video games, walking, exersicing and my most beloved one is poker :D

hmmm i don't have to many and i don't think they are expensive but let's see
knitting, baking, drawing, my 2 year old kid(dood do as much as you can while youre free ) ,playing video games, walking, exersicing and my most beloved one is poker

Don't forget your new hobby...Parking:)

I spend a lot of time bowling, although I only have a 185 average this season. Not sure what happened, was about 205.

I go sailing whenever the opportunity presents itself, but I don't have access to a boat the moment. Someday I guess. =)

Otherwise, I used to race my ~350hp Talon AWD, but I drove it into the side of a building 18 months or so ago, so that's done! I autocross a turbocharged Miata off and on, but I kinda lost my taste for driving fast after that accident. =)

Been getting into rock climbing lately, since my girlfriend wants a climing partner now that she's shed most of her pregnancy weight, and she was climing at a 5.12c level before she got pregnant. I'm so screwed there! haha

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I'm an avid photographer when I have time, which has been not at all lately. I've been doing sports photography for the Rat City Rollergirls lately, but really I want to go back to hiking and photography in the Olympics and other parks.

-Dylan

Humm lets see: Beer:
Tanks with water in them, fish & corals is always a good thing. Beer::cool: I collect guns, customize them myself, hunting, fishing, RVing every chance I get. Beer: Working on the homestead, I love that. Humm, shooting pool, playing holdem, blackjack, & favorite Roulette. Beer! Working on Hot rods, (don't have any these days) this thing called a Wife uggg, cost me mo-money, Mo-money I stay broke :eek: Ok back to the things: Did I mention Beer? Computers, networking etc! Beer: Nascar, & Nascar collectibles & Beer :) ! Humm lets see just started out Geo-Cashing with the GPS, I'm sure I left out the other 50% of the things I do & waste money on & did I mention Beer &/or Crown Royal?:oops:

Humm lets see: Beer:
Tanks with water in them, fish & corals is always a good thing. Beer: I collect guns, customize them myself, hunting, fishing, RVing every chance I get. Beer: Working on the homestead, I love that. Humm, shooting pool, playing holdem, blackjack, & favorite Roulette. Beer! Working on Hot rods, (don't have any these days) this thing called a Wife uggg, cost me mo-money, Mo-money I stay broke Ok back to the things: Did I mention Beer? Computers, networking etc! Beer: Nascar, & Nascar collectibles & Beer ! Humm lets see just started out Geo-Cashing with the GPS, I'm sure I left out the other 50% of the things I do & waste money on & did I mention Beer &/or Crown Royal?

LMBO!!!! who doesn't love beer :D .
hehe i like how you collect guns :D i'm sure your home and the wife feel very secure :D.
what type of holem you played... just holdem or no limit? and do you play on line or just with friends?
sorry dood just gotta know how you handle the hobby :D

I play all types of holdem, we have places almost every night of the week, also I play for fun online when I'm not working 12hrs. a day that is.

Hmmm, lets see..well when I'm not doing my main hobby, hunting down dirt bags..oh wait thats my job.....lol... I like to hunt, shoot, woodwork, and work on remodeling my house

My uncle and nephew Geo cache all the time. They have a blast. They keep trying to talk me into it. They even have made their own caches out there now.

I play all types of holdem, we have places almost every night of the week, also I play for fun online when I'm not working 12hrs. a day that is.

i'm glad i'm not the only one addicted to the game :D

lol !!! :D hey may be you took my money :lol: .
I play on party poker.com
if you ever see someone on your table with the name of TheMexican83 or csleeman that'd be me :D .
How about you?

Back