Other Hobbies???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mike...I think your girlfriends WS6 may give you a run for your money(LOL) My cousin in Orlando sold his WS6 last year, but he had the guys from Lingenfelter Performance Turbo it! He ran an 11 second 1/4 mile on street tires!

LOL!! Krish :D .
Spongebob, She's Ok when we dive with sharks I give her a bag of dead bloody fish and I tell her to scare away the sharks with it. Sharks hate dead bloody fish.

ohh yeah i'm sure they hate it :p ... just don't let her watch jaws to often :D .

krish75 said:
Mike...I think your girlfriends WS6 may give you a run for your money(LOL) My cousin in Orlando sold his WS6 last year, but he had the guys from Lingenfelter Performance Turbo it! He ran an 11 second 1/4 mile on street tires!

Yeah, stock vs. stock, hers would definately be quicker than mine. I have the 285 hp LT1 with an automatic and 3:23 rear end, she has the 320 hp ram air LS1 with a six speed and 3:42 rear end. Hers is still stock, but I have done quite a few things to mine, like exhaust, cold air induction, PCM programming, and other things...mine has a bit more horsepower and a flatter torque curve than hers. I'm really trying to resist the urge I have to get a supercharger kit for it:D but the fact that they are $3-4K is helping me resist...:lol: Having said all that, hers is still more fun to drive I think:D . I helped her pick that car out a few years ago...she always liked mine and was interested in getting one...she found that WS6 in the paper and we took it for a test drive, it is amazingly quick and a ton of fun to drive...I was like "if you don't buy this car, I WILL!"....:lol:

MikeS

LOL...I'm a car freak myself. I have 5 cd rom discs full of car clips. If the baby wasn't on the way, I would have gotten another sports car to play around with this year. I'd still get one now, but seeing I have the tank and have pumped so much into it lately, it wouldn't seem right. I guess when we finish paying off the condo, i'll get one. We knocked off 15 years in 5 years so not much more left:)

krish75 said:
LOL...I'm a car freak myself. I have 5 cd rom discs full of car clips. If the baby wasn't on the way, I would have gotten another sports car to play around with this year. I'd still get one now, but seeing I have the tank and have pumped so much into it lately, it wouldn't seem right. I guess when we finish paying off the condo, i'll get one. We knocked off 15 years in 5 years so not much more left:)

I hear ya, it's hard to fit them into the budget usually...Just make sure when you get one you go American, ok?;) :D . I've been a car enthusist since I was a teenager...I bought a '71 Mustang Mach1 when I was 16 and have been hooked since...I've had quite a collection over the years, a 69 GTO, a 69 Road Runner, a 72 Chevelle SS to name a few (girlfriend also has a '67 Impala SS 327...shes cool...:lol: ) and several Trans Am's...the '97 is my 6th one....yeah, they are kinda cheesy and I've heard every Burt Reynolds T/A joke there is, but they are such fun cars....:D My favorite T/A I ever owned was a '78 WS6/W72....that thing was a blast...:lol: What kind of car are you going to get, Krish?

I was thinking a Mustang because nothing sounds quite like a Mustang, but I'm a Chevy guy so not sure. Also, if you are big into JDM imports, you can have anything you want on the roads here. We've got Skyline's like crazy here! Not really into right hand drives though(LOL) Nothing feels better than ripping a manual gear box with your right hand! One of my friends is a Police officer and when I moved to Nassau, I brought over my first car a Mazda RX-7 and we use to sit in the middle of street lights doing donuts stopping traffic(LOL) Was fun man and I miss it. Here's photos of my S-10 I bought here brand new in 2001. I sold it about 1.5 years ago to Andrew's (ethanriley)brother and miss it. My wife did a 180 in the street after I popped in a SLP posi traction in it and she said it had to go(LOL)

welcome to RF king dood :) ..... hmmm now i'm gonna be thinking about wopers and fries :D ... just joking.

Well Mike, if you dont' like your car you can always donate it to the gabster fundation, i'm sure it will have the best care :D .
Now Krish... Mustangs and on top of that Chevy ???? i tell you dood.
After you pay off your condo you should get yourself a Ferrari :D or a nissan.
The other car we used to have (and if i'd have learned how to drive :() it was a nissan z something, it was kind of like a racing car.... beautiful car, i was really pissed when my husband sold it, but at the same time i was so afraid of using it because it'd go really fast.

krish75 said:
I was thinking a Mustang because nothing sounds quite like a Mustang

Don't do it Krish....:lol: Mustangs look and sound best as they are rapidly fading in your rear view mirror...:lol: ...trust me, bang for your buck, the 4th gen F bodies are the way to go...my stock '87 GTA Trans Am would walk all over newer Mustangs, and it had nowhere near the performance of my 4th gen....

MikeS

snobanker said:
My uncle and nephew Geo cache all the time. They have a blast. They keep trying to talk me into it. They even have made their own caches out there now.

Is fun for kids also. If you go to the GeoCaching web site youll see how big its become. A buddy and I decided to mix Geo caching and paintball. We got ahold of some claymores just to make it more interesting. Well see how that goes this week-end.

Don

spongebob lover said:
The other car we used to have (and if i'd have learned how to drive :() it was a nissan z something, it was kind of like a racing car.... beautiful car,

Z- something? Z- something? That is all you knew is it was a Z- something? Come on Gaby, what is that about! :lol:

Kidding, my uncle had an old Datsun Z- car and he let me drive it a few times. Lots of fun.

I have to admit, I am more of a mustang fan than any other, but it really just comes down to being a 60's muscle car fan. I think the 70's and 80's were an awkward time for cars that I am glad is over. My personal favorite? A 68 Mustang or Camero, I don't really care which.

Some day......................

LOL!!!! hey i can barely remember my name and you want me to remember the car's name dood :p :D .
just for you, i asked my husband and he said it wasn't a z, it was a 240SX LE, the car was in great shape and it would run quite fast, trust me, i was so mad at him for selling it and so mad at myself for being afraid of driving.

Last edited:
Don't do it Krish.... Mustangs look and sound best as they are rapidly fading in your rear view mirror... ...trust me, bang for your buck, the 4th gen F bodies are the way to go...my stock '87 GTA Trans Am would walk all over newer Mustangs, and it had nowhere near the performance of my 4th gen....

MikeS

I did say I was a Chevy man:)

See I knew you would have a good response for that.

LOL!!! :lol: dood seriously, i'm so so so bad at names that it's embarrasing :oops: .
I'm the typical one that is walking down the street and someone yells my name and I'm like.... uhh uhhh... Hi and sweating to remember what's his/her name was :p :D .

I have a few other hobbies:
-Ligting weights, fitness stuff
-Playing guitar....been at it for about 12 years now
-Education (should be working on my Masters in Finance later this year)
-and Investing (being the most important)

That's about all I can fit between full-time work and school. I used to be into my old S-10 Blazer that Jason (Dieselbreath) built for me but thank god I sold that and never looked back, what a waste of money!

Back