Other Hobbies???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I forgot to mention a couple other hobbies. My 97 dodge diesel 4x4 auto. Makes many imports wish they had a lot more power, a good percentage of them just cannot out pull that little 6 cylinder diesel. It can really put a smile on your fface when launching in 4 wheel squeel.

Another summer toy would be the boat. 1971 starfire flat bottom v-drive. 406 ford with tri-power. It has been run thru the speed traps many times and will do a clocked speed in the quarter of 88mph. It's a good time to play with someone that will tell you they know their boat will do 80,90,100mph. You run it off till they cannot go any faster and then hold it their for a second and then open her up and make that tri-power scream. HAHA When they finally run into you later they still try and tell you that you were only doing 65 when you left them sitting there.

DB

go ahead and send me one of those, Krish, I'll break it in for ya, ok?

MikeS

LOL...Ok! I don't know if it was a joke because it had to be, but the picture with the twin turbo supercharged motor, the guy said he wanted to put it in his sentra:lol:

I forgot to mention a couple other hobbies. My 97 dodge diesel 4x4 auto. Makes many imports wish they had a lot more power, a good percentage of them just cannot out pull that little 6 cylinder diesel. It can really put a smile on your fface when launching in 4 wheel squeel.

Another summer toy would be the boat. 1971 starfire flat bottom v-drive. 406 ford with tri-power. It has been run thru the speed traps many times and will do a clocked speed in the quarter of 88mph. It's a good time to play with someone that will tell you they know their boat will do 80,90,100mph. You run it off till they cannot go any faster and then hold it their for a second and then open her up and make that tri-power scream. HAHA When they finally run into you later they still try and tell you that you were only doing 65 when you left them sitting there.

DB

Sounds like FUN! My friend who owns the water plant here that I get my water from just put new props on his cat and he said it should do about 107 mph! That must feel insane on water! 40 mph on water feels like your flying!(LOL)

I have been in a boat at 95mph and that was freaky, talk about a rush!!!
Too bad the bottom of that boat got taken out by a log a few weeks later.:cry:

I enjoy scrapbooking which is much cheaper than the reef but still pricey. I also enjoy nitro r/c truck racing with my husband but I suck at it.

Those of you that have been around boat racing for a while may know the boat. It was called RAMBUNKSHUS, owned by my dad Larry Osborn. He raced it in the "K" Racing runabouts in the early seventies. Then another of his buddies would take it a run it in the drags 0-88 in seconds. The turning ability is crazy straight to going the other direction in the length of the boat, (turns like a slot car). the straingest thing happen just a year or so ago..... My brother has decided he doesn't want to tube anymore. Wish that I could figure that out, oh well, maybe he will go wake boarding or skiing.

DB

I also have a 55 chevy pu that has been a long time project. It started out to be just a simple project but has turned into a full tilt racer. I have "z"d the rear half the frame and have grafted in a 72 nova front clip. Tilt hood, 4 wheel disks, 9" detroit locker 4.11 gears, ladder bar rear suspension w/ wheelie bars. Full cage, buckets, etc inside. The power palnt is still in the works but I have all the parts for a blown injected stroker small block CHEVY. I built a full reverse shift pattern maual valve body turbo 350 w/ transbrake. Hard shifting SOB. It will be a blast once I finish it up.

DB

Beeba said:
I enjoy scrapbooking which is much cheaper than the reef but still pricey. I also enjoy nitro r/c truck racing with my husband but I suck at it.
hi beeba r/c truck racing!! thats cool i got the r/c 1/10 scale mamoth 50+mph i feel you when you say "i suck at it" when i first got this one i wrecked it against the curb so many times its not even funny :oops: monster trucks are lots of fun,out on a dirt bumpy track http://www.hobbypeople.net/specials/mammoth.asp

Last edited:
One of my hobbies is going to Bora Bora and relaxing on a sailboat.:lol:

Of course, I can't do this every day :cool:

I'm waiting for that big invention to come in.:D

sx230... we have a T-Maxx but mostly for play. We race 1/10 scale. This hobby is very pricey because you have to keep a replacement of almost every part for the truck because if you are not good you wreck often and break lots of parts.

Here, since a picture is worth a thousand words, what's a thousand pics worth?? In the Unlimited Hydroplane 05 season, I am in a blue shirt in the last few shots, that's my daughter with me, please don't click on this link... if your offended by the Rock Girls in tight shorts, Guns, 4 wheeling and Unlimited Hydroplane's http://community.webshots.com/user/rocknruin

by the way, in the 04 Hydroplane Season, I am about 4 days post op, in I had been in the hospital for 3 weeks after some major surgeries and had just lost 35lbs from eating ice chips and no food for that time , also I was very messed up on all the drugs they sent me home with, I was just a spectator in the last part of the 04 season, due to the brief aforementioned explanation! thanks

Last edited:
That's cool man...You have a cute little girl! Hopefully I'll have one as well or a little boy in August! That will become my new hobby:)

LOL!!! Rock girls? where ? :lol: .
Kewl pictures dood and your daughter looks really cute with her sun glasses :)

That's cool man...You have a cute little girl! Hopefully I'll have one as well or a little boy in August! That will become my new hobby

i say it's a girl (you don't want a boy dood trust me :D... just joking) and you still gotta make a thread about building a crib :D

Hey Rock-N-Ruin,

I think that I have met you out n about. Say in front of your residence. Scary isn't it. I work for the City of Kirkland. We spent a great part of the summer in your neighborhood. I was there the day you were replacing the rear springs on your Suburban. I'll have to say Hi next time I see ya cruzin around.

DB

right on, ya I had to get rid of that red Yukon, it got about 10 mpg, now Iam gettin about 22Hwy, 16 city.. of course if ya look at some of those old Bud motors on my webshots page, I've been wanting one in the bed ofmy truck.. I do worry about the 15ft. flame, and of course JetA is kind of expensive!!

Back