• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pacific Sun LED group buy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yes. We will be getting the shipment next Monday or Wed on direct flight to Newark, but IO units will come in 2 weeks. Black Pythons 160W will be available as well as Phobos, Deimos. I will confirm with those who paid once I get the shipping list.

Man that is an ETERNITY away when I am this anxious! Any way we can pick up the pace a little?

I wouldn't ask him to rush. We are getting a hell of a deal and sometimes you gotta wait for the good things.

Yeah...No Rush....Good things come to us who wait...The help that has been offered to us thru advise and price breaks more than makes up for a cpl of weks..

I'm sure he wants them here quick anyways. He's probably gonna sell a dozen more once these hit the streets. I know I'm gonna be showing mine off in person to anyone who wants to have a look and a beer.

you are correct on your assumptions :) but specificaly with IO units - as you can check on european site - they are having promotion on them entire month and they will ship units ASAP. I wish I can get them earlier.

I personally love the xplore part and how new units are being done. it makes my life so much easier. I will have few more details on it later on tomorrow but I want to confirm before making it known fact: b/c if you look at the pics I posted it seems to me that you could very well install a brand new 3W led of your choice that it will fit. in other words - lets say in 3-4 yrs if CREE comes up with new 3W bulb 3-4yrs from now - it should fit. am I correct on it? - thats what I want to know.

I'm sure he wants them here quick anyways. He's probably gonna sell a dozen more once these hit the streets. I know I'm gonna be showing mine off in person to anyone who wants to have a look and a beer.

I wouldn't ask him to rush. We are getting a hell of a deal and sometimes you gotta wait for the good things.

Yeah...No Rush....Good things come to us who wait...The help that has been offered to us thru advise and price breaks more than makes up for a cpl of weks..

That's why it was a question...questions don't have answers unless they are asked. I'm just not very good at being a patient person that's all :rolleyes: Sucks being that way...

Last edited:
ask Jeff about March delivery - I posted AIRBILL number in the forum. lamps left for the airport - spoke with Przemek - I mean, everything ready and no big concerns. people could track the package, flight was at 1pm EST. I get to work, check with airlines - it says "cancelled." WTF? it took me about 60-90 minutes to get this resolved - package had to be re-packed etc, etc, etc. the package exceeded the allowed height of 180cm. it took us about 3-4hrs to rebook the shipment on the next available flight which was 2 days later.

what do you do? do you post the info on the forum? nobody would believe it. do you contact people via PMs/emails/calls? the calls/pms/emails started coming in right away. some people became upset and concerned.

lesson learned - do no post airbill info till it says: sent :)

let me add few more details - end of February Lufthansa was on strike and week later BritishAirways had problems. Polish Airlines are part of STAR ALLIANCE group.

Last edited:
ask Jeff about March delivery - I posted AIRBILL number in the forum. lamps left for the airport - spoke with Przemek - I mean, everything ready and no big concerns. people could track the package, flight was at 1pm EST. I get to work, check with airlines - it says "cancelled." WTF? it took me about 60-90 minutes to get this resolved - package had to be re-packed etc, etc, etc. the package exceeded the allowed height of 180cm. it took us about 3-4hrs to rebook the shipment on the next available flight which was 2 days later.

what do you do? do you post the info on the forum? nobody would believe it. do you contact people via PMs/emails/calls? the calls/pms/emails started coming in right away. some people became upset and concerned.

lesson learned - do no post airbill info till it says: sent :)

Ouch! Wow...that defintiely sounds like it could have gone better:eek:

Rafal's example is just one. International shipping, customs clearing, etc is so difficult to deal with. Our livestock shipments get delayed all the time. Elos's tank shipments etc get held up in customs for weeks sometimes. For those of us on this side of the transaction its better not to make any promises. Of course we want to be optimistic and tell you when we hope your equipment arrives but we would be counting on too many variables going our way:)

want to get in on group buy need help deciding which ones will best suit me please reply

You could go with the 120W (1) master and (1) Slave

Keep in mind if you will be upgrading to a bigger tank in the future, what you might be upgading to. The nice thing about the Master and slave units, is you could always add another slave if you go with a 6 ft long tank.

thats correct - but yes, I did get the AIRBILL # for the next week. so anyone who ordered BP, Phobos, Deimos (36" or 60") will have their lamps shipped next weekend ( 4/24 or 4/25) assuming it comes on time.

IOs - I would say first week of May or earlier.

Rafal's example is just one. International shipping, customs clearing, etc is so difficult to deal with. Our livestock shipments get delayed all the time. Elos's tank shipments etc get held up in customs for weeks sometimes. For those of us on this side of the transaction its better not to make any promises. Of course we want to be optimistic and tell you when we hope your equipment arrives but we would be counting on too many variables going our way:)

thats correct - but yes, i did get the airbill # for the next week. So anyone who ordered bp, phobos, deimos (36" or 60") will have their lamps shipped next weekend ( 4/24 or 4/25) assuming it comes on time.

Ios - i would say first week of may or earlier.

whoooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Back