• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pacific Sun LED Pricing/Ordering Instructions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

When I get home tonight - I will send an email to all of you with the steps and timetables of what and how it will happen. I will provide details on how I will ship and provide Fedex tracking numbers and where the lamps will be delivered.

can i get that info too, i made my payment with Cy and i dont think he has my email address. pm me so i can give it to ya. thanks
apollo

To all-

There has been frustration about the delays both here in the thread and behind the scenes in email. I felt that I should respond.

First, I understand everyone's desire to get their lights and we are all frustrated. At the same time please consider the following. It is my understanding that the volcano disrupted parts delivery for production and backed up shipping into the US. Further, we did not get enough orders early on to justify the early shipment of lights. Yes, the wording of the possibility of an early shipment was poorly done. I should have been more specific! This is my fault:( Also, we did not reach the 20 unit free shipping mark. I believe Rafal is still giving it to us and we have to accept it as fair that he decided to consolidate the order into one big cross country shipment to save on his end. This is going to cost him a significant sum and he didn't make the profit he wanted in order to offer this perk.

What I have learned from this group buy is that the only way to keep everyone happy is to not set a delivery date. Otherwise there are sure to be problems that cause delays past the promised date. I tried to limit expectations by saying, "we have no way to predict when the manufacturer will be able to fill our order," but then I followed that statement with what we hoped would happen. It didn't work out like we hoped and folks are understandably disappointed.

I know this post does nothing to ease everyone's frustration but I just wanted to give you the information I have at my disposal. I'm sorry for the delay. Hopefully, what we (BRA) learned from this process will allow us to improve our service in the future!

Respectfully,
Cy

I'm not part of the groupbuy, although if i had the money i would have jumped on it..., but I'm glad to see BRA, Rafal and Cy are all working hard to provide the best possible solution for us reefers and our demands. Even with unforseen circumstances they are trying their hardest and I certainly appreciate it even if I have nothing to gain/lose from it. Keep up the good work and I know that when I spend my money at BRA its going towards keeping your great service going.

Im working with him on something. Rather than him re-package them and ship them via fedex, I have offered to pick them up at seatac airport providing he can get them here before may 29th. We got a little reef club meeting and I'd love to show these lights off.

It might not work, but when I got my blacktip reefshark and also a batray, the shipping was 125 for two big ass boxes.

He will receive them at Newark airport on the 25th. They could be put on a feeder the morning of the 26th and I'd pick them up on the 26th, I think. I could drop the lights off with Cy, or you can come by my place and pick them up. Whatever the vender/retailer/buyers feel comfortable with.

If it turns out I have to pick them up at 3am or something crazy, I'll do it. No problem.

Just an FYI, there is an option for us to get these lights faster if anyone wants to throw down on some shipping. If we can raise about $400, we could have the units Thursday of next week. Please let me know ASAP or just post here if you are game to help out.

I'll be the first to throw in $50. I could pick these up myself from the airport or someone could help if they wanted to.

Just an FYI, there is an option for us to get these lights faster if anyone wants to throw down on some shipping. If we can raise about $400, we could have the units Thursday of next week. Please let me know ASAP or just post here if you are game to help out.

I'll be the first to throw in $50. I could pick these up myself from the airport or someone could help if they wanted to.

No one?? Really??

After waiting this long I'm not spending another dime. Believe me. I tried to work something out. I offered to cover shipping several weeks ago if it meant I could get my unit sooner. They should have been here by now. I'd ask him to cover the 400. Call it a lesson well learned.

Otherwise, In all reality with fedex ground from NJ it will be another 2 weeks. We will see them mid June. That's a guess on my part. I don't know anything about shipping, but I do know that ground is the method of shipping if ya don't care when the package shows up. It's kinda like a message in a bottle.

Last edited:
After waiting this long I'm not spending another dime. Believe me. I tried to work something out. I offered to cover shipping several weeks ago if it meant I could get my unit sooner. They should have been here by now. I'd ask him to cover the 400. Call it a lesson well learned.

Otherwise, In all reality with fedex ground from NJ it will be another 2 weeks. We will see them mid June. That's a guess on my part. I don't know anything about shipping, but I do know that ground is the method of shipping if ya don't care when the package shows up. It's kinda like a message in a bottle.

Believe me, I'm anxious as well. All I'm saying is if we can all split the cost...I believe there was 17 orders, that's $23.53 per person. I spend that on lunch and a martini... I would gladly throw that down to get my units faster, especially after the amount that I am saving. It's all good though; if no one wants to do it then we will get it UPS Ground and should take no more than 5 days.

Brett - I just hope your unit doesnt get stuck at the customs for few weeks b/c it might arrive in WA in July or August :eek:

I have appologized to you for the delay in private about 3-4 times. I even called you and left the message yesterday. I have responded to every single email in timely manner and was willing to work so you could have your units before Memorial Day weekend. I am sorry - thats not enough.

It's not a matter of no one wanting to do it. We shouldn't have to spend MORE money to get the lights sooner, they are late. We shouldn't have to do anything. I'd still ask him to cover it. I paid him 3k April 4th. At that time I had asked if I could pay to get mine sooner. He said I was top priority as I was the first to buy, and buying the biggest, baddest unit. I offered to pay Express shipping. I was never replied to. I'm not going to offer that now. He attempted to call me last night. I missed his call, but he clearly stated in the email he will not ship any method other than fedex ground and mine is going to be included in that shipment. No way around it.

Don't get your hopes up pal.

August? Were you asking for deposits? I don't remeber if you offered those that as an option or not. If you didn't, it's ****ing bull**** that I should have to pay you 3k four months in advance. I never agreed to that.

Back