Pacific Sun Light Programming

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

your having the same issues too? my two I/O are working simutaneously and are about 1 foot apart. this is my setup
my ballasts are hooked up to a DC4 that is controlled by my aquacontroller jr so that if my tank goes up a certain temperature it will turn off one I/O. if it goes above another temperature it will turn off the second I/O. i know the DC4 has some noise filters in there because when i had a icecap 660 and dual galaxy ballasts it wouldnt communicate properly with the acjr; after the dc4 it solved the problem. so maybe its a noise issue with the ballasts hooking up to the same outlet?
i bought a cheap bluetooth for 8 buck s at RE PC.
it came with a driver disk but i had to download the new driver online.
is your driver for your bluetooths updated?
i paired and connected with each I/O separately. noting that i would only power one I/O at a time. one will be com port 9 and the other would be com port 8.
i would first connect the bluetooth to the first I/O then open the pac sun program.
after finishing programming, i would exit out of the pac sun program and then disconnect from the I/O with the bluetooth. then i would turn off that light and proceed to the next light. i would power on the second I/O unit and once done programming i would exit through the pac sun program and then disconnect my bluetooth. then i turn on my other I/O that has been programmed.
i staggered my timing so one I/O will turn on a half hour later after the first I/O.
mine have been working great so far. hopefully this helps

See I did my programming the exact same way. Both units have been plugged into seperate outlets from the very beginning. I have tried multiple bluetooth dongles with the same result. I am a pretty tech savvy guy and I have all the latest drivers and computer systems to boot. Simply put, we shouls not be having so many problems. These issues should have been resolved at PacSun during their quality testing.

i like to add that if your not connected to the internet, it speeds the communication to the lamps faster. seems like everytime you open the pac sun program, it wants to communicate to the internet

I don't see a connection there at all. When I open the program...it just opens. What is giving you the idea that is wants to connect to the internet?

shane and john, freakinreefin, where abouts do you live? maybe i can swing through this weekend if my wife and kids will let me

Apollo - I would try to do the other way - if there is any device at their places that is interfering with lamps - you will not be able to know. you know that nothing is happening at your place and both units are working. Using your computer and your bluetooth you will know for sure 100% if it is the lamp or something else.

shane and john, freakinreefin, where abouts do you live? maybe i can swing through this weekend if my wife and kids will let me

Apollo - I would try to do the other way - if there is any device at their places that is interfering with lamps - you will not be able to know. you know that nothing is happening at your place and both units are working. Using your computer and your bluetooth you will know for sure 100% if it is the lamp or something else.

oh, i see, your welcome to my house guys

Apollo...thats a very kind jesture...I will not need the help...I made the decision to go another route and will not be using the 2 IO units....After numerous attempts and countless hrs on my own and with Rafal I have thrown in the towel..I just realized these wont work for my application...I ,with lots of help from Rafal, have decided to go with a master,slave combo...I feel it will ease the complication for me...I tried everything I could with the two IO lamps and could never get em right...They both work very well...as single units...They just dont work in tandem...Hopefully Freekin will chime in here ..I know hes very frusterated and could use some help.....As for me...Im good...when the other lamps get here Rafal has offered to set them up for me..via teamviewer...I know bluetooth works to controll the units,so I should be good.......Thanks for your offer though..thats very kind of you!!!!!

Apollo...thats a very kind jesture...I will not need the help...I made the decision to go another route and will not be using the 2 IO units....After numerous attempts and countless hrs on my own and with Rafal I have thrown in the towel..I just realized these wont work for my application...I ,with lots of help from Rafal, have decided to go with a master,slave combo...I feel it will ease the complication for me...I tried everything I could with the two IO lamps and could never get em right...They both work very well...as single units...They just dont work in tandem...Hopefully Freekin will chime in here ..I know hes very frusterated and could use some help.....As for me...Im good...when the other lamps get here Rafal has offered to set them up for me..via teamviewer...I know bluetooth works to controll the units,so I should be good.......Thanks for your offer though..thats very kind of you!!!!!

no worries. just helping another reefer with they're addiction.:D
i wouldve gone the master slave combo but if i ever upgrade to a larger tank it would be easier for me to either purchase another I/O unit or sell these units by themselves and getting a bigger LED fixture.

I thought it would be cool to be able to have half the tank one spectrum and the other half another....Damn I was wrong...My right lamp never wavers.....set to 20 k ..stays there..Its my left lamp that will not stay...It keeps losing the blue's.....so its about 10 k now.... it gets tiring linking blue tooth..Opening up the controll,and changing it every 5 minutes....Not to mention I hate the yellow side look!!

LOL..its funny that you mentioned that...This was in my inbox today!!

Originally Posted by rafal07013
IO units - all i am going to say - you and John/Shane were right - there is a problem and that was being fixed.

I am currently running the bp160's and am happy with them...My question is what power others are running there led's?I am currently at 70%...

5.3 software is available. if I would know how to hang it on the server - I would do it. before installing it - you need to erase the older version.

so your pushing a program and you have no idea what it does or how it works??
Sounds " PAR FOR THE COURSE" ...

Back