Paul Hamby's Aquascaping 101 class...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hay guys is that the tub that got hit by the semi truck :eek: ?. If so looks like no damage, thats one tough tub :D. Best of luck ED. Hope it all goes well.
PS I seem to see alot of pics with paul in peoples tanks. Whats up with that. Is he the RF buffer'er outter'er.
ED next trip over come by with a few coolers so I can fill them up for ya ;) ;).

Tracy,
You are awesome! Tracy, the tub that got hit from Semi is at Pauls. Its still in awesome condition,no leaks. I have a 300 gallon Tub in Tri-cities. You need one, you holler. Tracy, I would love any frags you want to give me. I also want you to holler at me if I have something you need. Thank you for helping me out. I will post more pictures of Susies old Cube and Pauls Handy work soon. I recently introduced Ozone. Byopsis is slowly disapearing. Thanks to everyone that has supported my Project. Again, I have extra parts laying around if someone needs something, holler.

Sincerely,
ED:)

Here are a few gifts given to me as of Late.

I got 4 frags recently. 3 from Paul, one from Colleen and Nate. I got two tangs given to me recently from Fraggy. The Bryopsis is still there in some spots. It was real bad previously. It is slowly dissapearing. I turned on the Ozone unit to increase my light penetration and to hopefully prevent more bryopsis. Its been 3 days short of a Month since take down and rebuild. Coraline algae is going crazy. I will stay on top of it this time.

Paul, I am working on getting more tangs as we speak. I have some awesome people supporting as of late. :) Thank you all for all that have helped getting me back to my dream tank.:)

Frags that survived previously from big tank cycle include the Scroll, pocillaphora, a orange crush Acan, a Aussie Duncan, lots of Zoos, Yellow Figi leather, a large lobophylia, a calastrea (candy cane). Lobo had me worried it would not come back. It came back strong.

Last edited:
other side of tank...

Here is a efflo I got from Tracy. I keep hoping it will change color.
Here is another picture of other side of tank.

Last edited:
Ed, it looks like i'll be moving over there in a couple of weeks. i'll have to get you some frags if my stuff makes the move.

Ryan

It will be nice to see you again Ryan. I am still at the same spot. If there is something I can do to make your move easy let me know.

Ed

Here is a little help from Friends again. My Brother in Law and I made a trip to Spokane.

Recently introduced.

A large Naso with streamers
A large Fox face
a purple tang
A hippo tang
a Male Blue Jaw trigger
3 yashe hashe Gobies
A candy striped pistol shrimp
A Austrailian Elegance
a multi colored favia
a solid green favia
A blue favia
A worm rock
a few more SPS sp frags.

a lot less briopsis....next week I am thinking it will all be gone. A little Ozone does amazing things to water clarity!

Last edited:
Mike,
I miss seeing ya Buddy! I bet your 12 gallon is awesome. You need to see what our friends on here did to my tank this time. My pictures are not very good.
talk to you soon,
Ed:)

Tank looks great Ed, wish I could hve been there to help.

John,
We all miss ya Buddy in Tri-cities. Yesterday, There were a few of us at Nate and Colleen's New House trying to help them out. They have a custom 8ft long Starfire tank now built in the wall. Its not up and going quite yet, but very close. They also have a cool frag tank. Its a nice system. You and Tyler catch a cheap flight sometime and come visit some of your Friends when you get a chance.:)

God Bless Ya Buddy!!
Ed:)

a little view to say Thanks Again to Paul and Crew that helped.

Almost all the Bryopsis is gone.
A little more purple and a few more frags.:)

That is a piece of Nori that came off clip in last picture on Rock Wall.

Last edited:
hello ed,
just saw your thread in the forums and i am too battling bryopsis. ive also bumped my ozone too to clear the water but it can only do so much. so ive decided to do some aquascaping. the rocks that were heavily infested with bryopsis was to trim them down and cook them in the garage. then the rest im doing a mountain with a slope to try to recreate a reef crest and if willing a lagoon. was wondering did the bryopsis reappear or was it all gone? thanks
apollo

Apollo,
Its mostly gone. I have maybe a dime size patch at most. I do not like the kill the bacteria thing. I think that is why I got bryopsis.
I used a media reactor with rowaphos, Ozone into skimmer with charcoal, I also got a colony of herbevores. I have a large Naso that will eat anything. If he sees the bryopsis its gone.
I read on here about people bumping up Magnesium. I do not know anything about that.
I do know if you can bring up your ph slowly around 8.5 Bryopsis will go away pretty fast if water quality is good. That is what worked for me.

Here is my Bryopsis eater.

Excuse mess, clam just knocked over front rocks.

Back