PC Goes Boom !!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Boomer

I know sooner get back from my trip and the PC goes out on me. It took a week to get a new one. Right now I'm still having issues with internet connection speed. I could drive to someones house and deliver a message or e-mail by hand faster :( I haven't figured out yet what is up. It takes 10 min to post a message. My e-mail has been downloading for an hour and still is not all in my in box yet :(

maybe it is still updating the millions of downloads Microsoft has to offer, or maybe you brought a Mac LOL! Welcome bak anyways:D

Could be the 2 terabytes of pictures I emailed you. Should be done in a weeks or so.

Don

Bummer Boomer:doubt: Well...I've got great news for you anyways! I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico!:D

Hope you get the computer sorted out soon:)

That sucks.:evil: When the magic black smoke escaped our pc a few years back it really stunk up the room. I hope you computer woes are soon solved.

It seems to partly the modem, as I forgot to install the software. Things are better now but I'll have to check the settings tomorrow. Still to slow.

No Dew a new Dell with this new Vista. So far I'm not to happy.

Sorry couldn't resist

If Boomer sent his messages...:razz: "SNAIL":razz: mail...then someone could post them for him until his computer is fixed!:D

It is fixed guys and it was not the MS Vista, it was all the other crap Dell installed in it. I reformatted the hard drive and now all is well, even my Vonage phone works again :) I'm finally back to normal, that is if I'm normal :D

Still a big issues with the PC. I know have 6 hrs on the phone with MSand Dell with 2 hrs for Charter and Vonage. MS is having on of their cheif engineers call me on Monday. I know, just have Dell send me a new one but I/we want to know what the hell is doing it, as does Vonage and Charter. I have all their heads spinning :lol: Even on a partiton drive with two OS systems running it does it.

This is what is going on for those PC guys that may be interested and my trick to get it to work ;)

I can not dispaly some websites often such as RS "webpage can not be displayed". I run their Diagnose and repair tool for internet connections that appears on the browser when the web page is not displayed. Once it is scanned I close the tool and then hit the enter button for the URL, where the website is pasted on the browser and poof the website that did not come up now comes up. As long as my PC does not go into sleep mode, I don't shut it down or reboot, it the website/s are good, even if I close the browser/s.

You should see if there is a BIOS update from Dell...if you're running ethernet you could try a cheap card from the local computer store...unfortunately if you are running wireless there are no real cheap wireless devices that are any good.

May I ask a question, Intel or AMD chip?

Still a big issues with the PC. I know have 6 hrs on the phone with MSand Dell with 2 hrs for Charter and Vonage. MS is having on of their cheif engineers call me on Monday. I know, just have Dell send me a new one but I/we want to know what the hell is doing it, as does Vonage and Charter. I have all their heads spinning :lol: Even on a partiton drive with two OS systems running it does it.

This is what is going on for those PC guys that may be interested and my trick to get it to work ;)

I can not dispaly some websites often such as RS "webpage can not be displayed". I run their Diagnose and repair tool for internet connections that appears on the browser when the web page is not displayed. Once it is scanned I close the tool and then hit the enter button for the URL, where the website is pasted on the browser and poof the website that did not come up now comes up. As long as my PC does not go into sleep mode, I don't shut it down or reboot, it the website/s are good, even if I close the browser/s.

3 hrs with Dell on the phone and they have been through everything to include drivers. They were running my PC. They even hacked into my Vonage phone :lol:

Twin Intel 4's

Now it is really a mess. The C drive does not even show up, it has no device manager, etc,. The C drive shows no files. The C drive says zero space on disk and zero space used on disk.:badgrin: Half of my programs do not work. Eevn MS stuff like the recycle bin does not work :eek: . You put a short cut on the desk top and you can not delet it. MS ran 3 different restore points and all are the same, even 5 days back. Time to call Dell and get a new PC:mad: And my tick for making websites work, my issue and MS's for the last few days, using the diagnostic and repair tool program, is dead and not working :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back