PCFishman's 40B - LPS

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Pics of SPS and King Midas (courtesy of Barrier Reef) to follow...

I'm sure I'll have sometime thursday, between eating my 1st and 2nd helping of turkey :)

Pics of King Midas still settling into his throne

4136438687_55d648ae91_b.jpg

4137202410_517798b487_b.jpg

nice king midas phil:p!..i think i have those...from unique corals...they have it in their UC collections...and they have some in the wyswyg...they call it just gold acan though...he said that the purple mouth on their king midas change into emerald green..

I got the colony from Barrier... I called it King Midas because it looks similar to the colony featured in Coral Magazine. After the Huskies 30-0 Apple Cup victory I think I am going to change the name to Dawgpack Acan! :)

The colony is still coloring up, the mouth has become a deeper purple and the rim is staying gold and developing hints of green...

baller tank man. i love all the different colors of acans. i just need to get the proper lighting and maybe i can start getting some.

i was browsing the web and congrats on being the showcase tank for December/January on barrier reef's site. and thanks again for all the info, i'll be hitting you up for more it.

Hey, those acans is nothing................................................................................ but TREASURE!!!
Congrat on the BRA's ReefOfTheMonth too! Way to go Phil!

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I haven't decided what to spend my winnings on yet, but I did pick up this new acan from Barrier. It arrived on their most recent aussie order (one of the 13 acan frags).... It's not a rainbow, but I had to get it because of the color combination.

Maui Wowie Acan
4178335126_a8607ebdf6_b.jpg

4178335212_c7444aff8c_b.jpg

Acan Growth Shots

The Orange Zest Acan was one of the first acans I purchased... It's 1.5 years old and thought I would share some growth shots

Started as a few partial heads... (Not it's not your eyes it was that small)
4206568187_2f10afd475_b.jpg

8 months later...
4206567359_76f6294cd2_b.jpg

One year later...
4206566493_6867631efa_b.jpg

Today!!!
4206565633_3de461e2f9_b.jpg

I've observed very little skeletal growth. The piece has just encrusted over the frag plug. Just thought I would share. Happy Holidays everyone :)

i havent kept an acan frag that long...is that a fast growth or slow growth?
i bought a pink acan from UC and it has 1 big head and 1 medium..it was 1-2 months ago?now i have 2 big original heads and 6 babies all of a sudden...

how often do u feed phil?just wanna know...thats probably a lot of heads to feed:D

believe it or not i handfeed my acan frags the colonies just squirt

Back