peacock carpet anemone?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Allenfamily

fish eaters
Well, the hubby brought me home a present this p.m...a peacock carpet anemone. I cannot find any specific information about this kind of carpet anemone. Does anyone know anything? A different name, perhaps? Our RBTA was getting too big for the tank, so we downsized to this tri-colored, mostly green carpet. It has a yellow fringe, some pink areas and two shades of green. I am optomistic, but I always like a comparison model. Thanks.

It isn't what you get when you search peacock carpet anemone, it is definitely a carpet anem but it has four colors. We're trying to post a pic but are having some troubles this evening. I'll try again later... gotta go for now.

Pictures please!

I am thinking of an anemone to host my clowns. What else will a clown host too?

Here are the best pictures we can get right now, yeah our camera sucks but you can kind of see the color.

Attachments

• tank 032.jpg
    tank 032.jpg
    52.1 KB
Thanks Michael, you got the name right and you're welcome to stop any time you get over this way. You can see the digitata frag we got from you. It was big when we got it and it has grown like crazy. I bought that anemone from LFS that we know pretty well right when he was unloading his truck with the shipment he had just received from Jakarta. He told me he had a "Peacock carpet anemone", I read the packing slip on the box and that's what it said too. We've searched all over and can't find a match so at this point the only thing we're sure of is that it's a carpet and that it's acting like a normal anemone.... stinging anything that gets in it's path. Thanks slim jim, We hope it does fine too.

Wow, soooo awesome!
Not trying to ruin anything here but plain worry talking. Do you think it could be dyed in multiple colors? Although it does look very like its the natural color

I suppose anything could be dyed, but we got it from a reliable, accountable dealer that we have dealt with for about a year and a half and his livestock has always come as advertised. Also, I was there before he opened the shipment that it came in, so he sold it to me sight unseen for an "in the box special". He said if put in his tanks and let it open up it would be "price to be determined." So, overall, we feel pretty good about and if it were dyed and it fades, we have some food coloring in the kitchen. We can touch it up if Micheal is coming over.

I suppose anything could be dyed, but we got it from a reliable, accountable dealer that we have dealt with for about a year and a half and his livestock has always come as advertised. Also, I was there before he opened the shipment that it came in, so he sold it to me sight unseen for an "in the box special". He said if put in his tanks and let it open up it would be "price to be determined." So, overall, we feel pretty good about and if it were dyed and it fades, we have some food coloring in the kitchen. We can touch it up if Micheal is coming over.

Awesome! Hope it does well. Pick me one up the next time he gets one in :p

Here are the best pictures we can get right now, yeah our camera sucks but you can kind of see the color.

You have a Pizza/Adhesive anemone:

Cryptodendrum adhaesivum (Adhesive, or Pizza anemone)
Difficulty: More difficult.
Maximum size: 1 foot in diameter.
Recommended Minimum Tank Size: Medium (minimum 40 gallons).
Placement in Tank: In the sand only.
Light: Bright metal halide lighting, preferably above 175W.
Current: Low – moderate.
Natural clown fish symbionts:
A. clarkii
Split history in captivity: None.
Additional info: As named, this anemone is extremely “sticky”. It is not often available
because it is difficult to capture in the wild, and its stickiness causes problems in
distribution. It is a very proficient opportunistic feeder (it will eat anything it touches).
Sometimes available in brilliant greens, yellows and purples.

The above information came the article Anemone FAQ's in the Resource Library. Click on the link to Anemone links in my signature below. You will find more information there.

Nice find, its a beautiful anemone.

Nick

it dose look like a crypto but it kind of looks like a departum (not sure correct spelling)

Back