peddy's FOWLR. "475+ gollon"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

peddy10181

well here is my fish tank in the works.

started off going under the house. heres a few pics of that
107.jpg

118.jpg

for the tank its 8Ft long by 3FT wide by 32inch tall.

heres the tank next to the stand. it sat here for about a month befor i could find any help to pick it up
144.jpg

got the tank up on the stand at last!!
206.jpg

here i was adding some water to water test the tank.
203.jpg

201.jpg

heres the skimmer ill be useing. its a ETSS 1400 if i remember right.
207.jpg

this skimmer came with the tank. it seems so small for the tank
152.jpg

so the pump that came with the setup was locked up and rusted out. so out with the old, in with the new. "i think its to big"
001.jpg

some one had to make sure the tank was safe for the fish. why not me. so i did some cleaning of the inside to =)
019.jpg

more to come, but this tank is all becouse of this stingray i saw at the fish store in sumner. it started it all with the 180 she use to be in.
012.jpg

015.jpg

ill try and get some pics of the 2 sump setup today, and the plumping should be done to.

That is the funniest thing I ever saw on here. I’ve been in my tank but never with water in it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

oh man, it was fun. i had my little sister come over and go from a swim to =)
is it just me, or is my cat in just about every pic i posted lol.

I want to go swimming T.T that looks like it's going to be awesome though! goodluck

So I did a test run with fresh water. The tank is sitting low on the left side about half an inch maybe one inch, water is not even going in the right overflow. Not sure how to even things out. So any input on that would be nice.

2nd thing was I have 4 bulkheads with drips. Seems you can put the rubber O ring in backwards?? Lol going to pull them out this weekend and turn them around.

My return pump is a hammerhead. I think it maybe WAY over kill it was shooting water out of the return so hard it went over the side of my tank lol.
So maybe it's time to make a closed loop and use it there and get a smaller return pump??

I may have taken on to much to handle by my self.

IMO, with a large tank, closed loops (and as much automation as possible) are a given..by that is my personal preference..I wanted to enjoy viewing my tank, not having to spend other every 1-2 days maintaining it, topping off water here, etc.. but that is me.

excuse the rant, but since you are in design plubming stage though I would offer this advice.
:)

shim the left side of the stand to level it out. i figured the foam would even it out

That’s about all you can due. That’s such a long tank I think you would have to shim it at each vertical brace in the stand and try to shim it back to level to keep the tank from bowing or sagging. You don’t want a seam to split in that bad boy. I did mine with ½ inch of water in the tank for the leveling device. A bubble level was just not accurate enough for a long tank.

It's been sitting with water in it just under the overflows for about a month. Think I may drain it and shim the left side. The stand has 5/8ths sheet wood on the bottom to help spread the weight out.

I have one of their PC light fixtures and it is acceptable.

I am thinking about getting a 36" T5 HO fixture end of next week. Standard T5 bulb, so replacement can be ATI, Geismann, etc..

Back