peddy's FOWLR. "475+ gollon"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well today is the day where the RODI got done filling the tank with nice clean water. still have some more find tuning to do, like haveing the skimmer drain into the 2nd sump where the pump is rather then the 1st. and i am not sure how much i should feed into the skimmer. its now running off the return pump. going with only 1 pump for the hole system. the hammer head was just way to much for just returning the water to the tank. heres a few pics.

006.jpg

007.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

011.jpg

heres the skimmer with about 25% open feeding it, should i bring the water level up in the skimmer befor i start useing the out line adjustment? feed more water to it?
013-1.jpg

HA, i went into my room for like 30min, cae back and my 5 gallon bucket was full of water. seems i had it set to high lol.

oh heres a nother update tonight lol. skimmer is kicking ass and working working nicely.
019-1.jpg

heres some pics of my rock cave, i think theres like 200 maybe 300 pounds of rock.
014-2.jpg

015-1.jpg

update some more pics. tank is done for now.
025-2.jpg

024-1.jpg

what is this on my old dieing coral? it just started growing last night today.
008-3.jpg

006-2.jpg

Is that a Seio in the background? That shot even if it was say a modded maxijet really tells how big this tank and rockwork is! :eek:

That's insane!! Tank looks great! Eager to see how the black substrate looks with time. I don't think I've seen many tanks with black substrate. Not even many fresh. Good luck with it!:)

Awesome tank, as for the coral it appears to be some sort of funal infection. I would try and iodine dip and see how that helps.

nice setup i always wanted to due a black sand reef but i heard to many bad things about it. my turtle tank has black sand.

Well I am thinking about going mixed reef with my tank.the 2 things I need to know for now are, can I remove the 20 gallons work of bioballs with out crashing the tank. And how do I add more rock? Can I use base rock and add 100# with out things going bad?? I would like 200 maybe 300 ponds more just don't have the cash to do it at one time.

I would say leave the bio balls in there while you are adding the live rock. Once the live rock is seeded it will be able to handle you taking out the bio balls. As long as proper maintenance is being done on the bio's then all should be good.

Back