pest id please

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yea i have never been able to post one pic on here and i had a friend do somthing to my computer and it worked first try, it was a test picture to see if it would realy show up!

I would say remove it from your tank immediately. Put it into a bag and call me. I will make sure that they never cause you trouble again

They either grow like weeds or they will die out. Chances are they will grow like weeds.
about 4 years to get ride of my colony completely.

Looks Like Pom Pom Xenia.There actually pretty cool imo if you can keep them in an area and not let them spread to other rocks. so keeping them on the sand bed on a rock. But they cam get out of control if not thinned out once on awhile.

I wish I had pests like that...lol...instead I have pests like aptasia! I find 2-3 of them every week to kill...ugh! I suppose when you weed it out...you could always trade it for other stuff...wish I were closer to the Seattle area....I'm always seeing great stuff to trade/buy from you guys.

Agreed on Pom-pom Xenia. These are nice soft corals that get sold by the head. They do propagate pretty well if nutrients available, but not out of control and can be traded for other stuff.

Agreed on Pom-pom Xenia. These are nice soft corals that get sold by the head. They do propagate pretty well if nutrients available, but not out of control and can be traded for other stuff.

I think xenia are pretty cool, they do spread a lot though, but you can just pull them out if you don't want them. Take them to your LFS and trade them in if you don't want them, should get a bit of credit for em.

rob

I think they are pretty but know they spread pretty fast.
I just had a problem with anthelia (which seems alot like Xenia) and finally got rid of them by slicing off as much as I could and then covering the rest with a thick coat of Aptasia X. It worked great.

Back