Phos Reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have a 60 gal + 22 gal sump. Do you think I can run both in the same reactor? if so in what proportion?

One small container of phosban is more than enough maybe to much. They are either 110 or 150 grams. A cup or two of carbon is also plenty. You dont need it zinging around the reactor, just the top barely moving.

Don

One small container of phosban is more than enough maybe to much. They are either 110 or 150 grams. A cup or two of carbon is also plenty. You dont need it zinging around the reactor, just the top barely moving.

Don

I guess I will do that, makes more sense. Do you know how often would I need to replace the carbon?

I'm not using reactors anymore. I'm pulling water through a cartridge. I'd go 6 weeks on the phosban but every tank is different you need to watch your P levels. Remember start of very slow with the GFO.

Don

Carbon needs a lot of flow pumping through it from what I understand and phosban the complete opposite. If you wanted Carlos, you can almost do what I did and that is get a media bag, pour some carbon in it and hang it in the sump where there is a lot of flow. On my Aquapod now, I hang it right where water enters the back chamber and the skimmer drains. Just a thought:)

Also, you want to change carbon about every 2 weeks to be safe, some say 3 at the most:)

Carbon doesnt need much flow when your pulling or pushing water through it.
These little things work great.
gfo%20001.jpg

Back