Pick the winner of the cell phone picture challenge. Gonna need a little help here...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefLogic

I am Android
This is going to be a little weird as I am only allowed to pick 7 things to chose from and there are like 20 pictures. Didn't realize that before I said "3 each" so I am going to do it in groups to determine winner.

There are I think 13 different people that entered this.....so how should I post this up to determine winner? I really need suggestions here.

Phone quality meaning: Old phone great shot or new phone and ok shot. Type of or nature of shot: common everyday shot or something that shows Reef, Tank and enviroment type of pic. I've seen some outstanding pictures from a 110 camera that expressed more that from a high end digital camera. That's my two cents

I was going to do the poll but I have 15 or so images and we are only allowed 7 options....so I can't do 15 in one poll....guess I can just do 2 polls and then take the best of those for a final poll.

Alright....so I am starting 5 polls that have all the pic's to vote on. From those polls I will take the top 7 images to run a final poll to determine winner.

I was just looking through all the polls....if I take everything with 2 or more votes then I still have 10 to choose from....if I take 3 or more than we have 6 to choose from....there is only one with 4 votes....but I am wondering if this is all due to the other pictures that were in each poll....if I had all the images in one poll I wonder if the votes would be different. I am going to send Krish a message here and see if I can get em all in one poll.

Last edited:
K...How many images do you need total in one poll?? Let me know that. I will check now to see how many votes a poll would allow me. If there are too many pictures for allowed poll options, you might have to start a thread with all the pictures labelling them all by letters or numbers and have people just reply to the thread with their vote. The only downside would be you would have to go back and count them all manually and also, look for those double posters trying to sneak in an extra vote :p. I'll check real quick. :)

Just checked and 7 is the maximum number allowed so you might have to do either 2 smaller polls, 1 poll with only 7 entries or just a thread that people reply to with their vote. Sorry dude. :)

Ok its early and I havent had enough coffie to read through so just tell me what you need, and I will see what I can do

Mojo

I would like to have one poll with all the pic's to vote on instead of 5 polls Mojo. If this isn't possible I will just start a poll with all the pic's with more than 2 votes to determine the winner. I am just afraid that pic's are getting voted on based solely on the pic's in that particular poll and not compared to all the pic's from all 5 polls.

Just want everyone to have a fighting chance here.

As always Krish....Mojo....you guys rock. I love the fact that you guys are on top of things and are very responsive.

I LOVE REEF FRONTIERS!!!!:humble:

Ok....I know I have said this a lot....but I am really happy here. I wish I found you guys a long time ago.

But I say it enough it's like
:deadhorse:

Ok so you are talking about the original polls you put up?? like with 25 or so Pictures?? I dont think I can do that many.

Mojo

Yeah....that's what I was talking about. OK...how about can I get a poll with 10? That way I can get all the images with 2 or more votes into one poll. If not that is fine....I will stick with the 3 or more votes for the "final" poll to determine winner.

Either way....thanks for the hard work guys.

You can send all payments for our services to my bank account...I will pm you the account number :rofl: Always happy to help where I can! :) With that said, seems like your best option will be to just start a thread if you want to use all of the pictures, posting them all and labeling each and just let members reply to the thread with their vote. As I mentioned, may be a bit more work on your end with having to count all votes and making sure you don't have members sneaking in double votes, but is probably the only way to include all pictures. Other than that, I think 7 will be the max that you can do. I think the main problem with so many options is if you were able to have 20 options, where it shows up on the home page, it would take up so much space as it lists the poll options on the home page as well. Just a few thoughts. :)

I think If we let Mike help out we can make something work, why not get everyone to post up their pictures, then vote on the persons pick and narrow it down after you get most if it worked out, then start the poll and let Mike make the poll, this way he can make it as big as he can for this one time then put it back the way it was. As far as the pictures, maybe collect them up mike and put the ones chosen all together on one post with numbers by them then make the poll?
Ehh, I may be on too much medicine today, please forgive me LOL!

Eric is good about taking money from others just ask him how he does it.....lol
You can send all payments for our services to my bank account...I will pm you the account number :rofl: Always happy to help where I can! :) With that said, seems like your best option will be to just start a thread if you want to use all of the pictures, posting them all and labeling each and just let members reply to the thread with their vote. As I mentioned, may be a bit more work on your end with having to count all votes and making sure you don't have members sneaking in double votes, but is probably the only way to include all pictures. Other than that, I think 7 will be the max that you can do. I think the main problem with so many options is if you were able to have 20 options, where it shows up on the home page, it would take up so much space as it lists the poll options on the home page as well. Just a few thoughts. :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Back