Piitsburgh road trip

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

brianblack

May be taking a road trip to the Burgh. Sally has a knitting show out there and well thought it may be cool to check out the fish/coral stores out there. I talked to Steven Pro who is involved with Pittsburgh Marine Aquarium Society, Inc. www.pmas.org. I do not know the dates and prolly be over night but may be able to get dirt cheap rooms like 30 a night - little one works for Hampton Inns. Let ya know when I know more just a suggestion - Bout 5 hrs from here to downtown burgh.

If you want to try to make one of our meetings, consider the one coming up next weekend.

Anthony Calfo will be our guest speaker on Saturday, December 2nd. His presentation title is "Coral Farming for Profit". In addition to being a co-founder of PMASI, Anthony Calfo is the author of the "Book of Coral Propagation, Vol 1", a poster series covering marine plants, algae, fishes, corals, and invertebrates and co-author with Robert Fenner of "Invertebrates". Anthony is also the editor and a significant contributor to his own "C the Journal" magazine. Information about Anthony's publications can be found at www.readingtrees.com

Anthony has become one of the most popular speakers in the aquarium hobby for good reason. His talks are always very informative and brilliantly entertaining. Don't miss out on Anthony's talk!

We will be in the Washington-Westmoreland room of the Radisson Inn in Monroeville for our meeting. If you come in the main doors, go past the registration desk, the Washington-Westmoreland room is on your right just past the Showroom. The meeting will begin at 6:00 PM.

Also at this meeting will be the MEGA Raffle. We have a lot of great items that our sponsors have donated. This is a great fund raiser for the club. Also if you have any used equipment that is just taking up space, please consider bringing it or coral frags to the meeting and donating it to the raffle.

Here are some of the items that will be in the mega-raffle:

36" Current Outer Orbit Lighting (150 watt HQI MH + 2 x 96 watt PC’s)

3/4" Sea Swirl

150 watt MH HQI Reef Optix Pendant

Fluval 304 Canister Filter

GenX PCX 55 Pump

$50 Drs. Foster & Smith Gift Certificate

$50 Reefer Madness Gift Certificate

Blueline Moon Light

Two Subscriptions to the Journal C

$20 Elmer’s Gift Certificate

$25 Petland Gift Certificate

1 Complete Coral Fragging Kit

Current-USA 12" 18W Small Lighting Fixture

Thanks Steven.

As much as I would like to come I can't make this one. Anthony was just here talking about photography. I also asked him for some stores to check out while I am there. Yes Anthony is a really excellant speaker. There is also a fellow who I referred to you who may be interested in a club. He is in Indiana PA. I will let him know about your meeting. We have just started another club here in the east - informal - in the Leigh Valley area. Takes a bit of work to kepp them going.

Back