Plastic Bins

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Pip Tazo

I just bought some big plastic bins to mix salt water. Is there a specific cleaning solution you guys use to clean the bins for first time use? thanks!

I never worry much about it and haven't had any issues. You could always clean them with bleach then rinse thoroughly and then let them dry.

I clean out tanks and buckets with a heavy vinegar water solution.
If u use either just rinse well.
D

I filled mine with water from the back spigot and let it sit in the sun for a couple days incae there was anthing that was goint to leach out of it initially, and then drained that and wiped it out with vinegar and water and then rinsed with ro/di water. let it dry, wiped it out and then started using it.
Maybe I went a little overboard but thats what I did.

YEP i washed mine out with water and vinegar... filled with water to rinse it out then wiped it dry.

There is a outlet here in the south end that sells containers from 5-55 gallons and most are food grade and the ones o choose were used for vinegar storage so I have never needed to clean just ensure that there wasn't a large amount left in the barrel.

DTECH07 - where is the place that sells the 5 - 55 gallon containers? (Tried to PM you but your mail box is full.....)

The place is on 112th just east of Canyon Rd. Its on the North side of the street. You will see the barrels stacked up in the front yard of a house.

Eric
Oceans by Design
1055 Andover Park E
Tukwila, WA 98188
206-575-5006

Back