PM monster look alike traded at PSAS Frag Swap.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sweet, thanks ed. Did you set up that $20 score and $10 or did you not tell mama yet. Oops
Tracy,
The fifety gallon breeder will be my new quarantine tank. I would like to learn how to buid a few swirler stiens for it. I was out and about yesterday getting plumbing parts for it.
The ten gallon Sea Clear is probably going to be My Brother in Laws Christmas present. I have been working with My Sister in Law on that. Sister in Law is doing her detective work to see if he wants Seahorses or Just a few clowns and anenome and rocks. I even looked at 70 watt HQI lighting for it.
:) Ed

Whats left of my colony is starting to turn purple again. I would love to see pictures if people have the time and see how it progresses please...

Thank you Dang, You are so cool!

Ed- purple monster look alike frags doing well. Here is a picture. Thanks my friend and see you at the next meeting.

Doc - If you have any shipments out to the Seattle area for the purple monster, let me know. I'd like to see if I could slip in on an existing order for some free or discounted shipping.

290094801_a187c84a1d_b.jpg

thx :D
Ben

Awesome, I love it. Brown Polyps not white. You guys are doing great with this coral. Thank you.

Wow, looks happy..

:) Awesome Picture Todd. Mine has turned deep purple again also. Yours looks very happy. Please keep me posted how it grows.:)

If you look at the base there at both pictures you can see how it has already healed quite nicely. I actually think it has grown a smidge but that may just be wishful thinking:lol:

Great Picture!

I have to say Todd you sure take some awesome pictures! I hope all your guy's fragged PM monster look Alikee's Look that good:)

New picture from oregon

Todd & Ed & the Gang Just have to show off the new winter stock down here in oregon these ORA frags Came in from Wisconsin and a few trades ;)
..Enjoy :)
I wish the pictures were better just not good in this area...Jeff :mad:

Ok, I do recognize one in the third picture. The fourth picture is awesome. I hope when that guy grows up I can get a frag of number 4 picture.

so whats the differnce between the real PM ands your false PM if u tell me that its the colour of the polyps and not the growth style then i will be disapointed
great acros theres not as high demand here for acros although i do see nice pink and blue acros, what are "rare" colours?

my guess is...

so whats the differnce between the real PM ands your false PM if u tell me that its the colour of the polyps and not the growth style then i will be disapointed
great acros theres not as high demand here for acros although i do see nice pink and blue acros, what are "rare" colours?

Morgan,
The brightly colored and slow growing corals draw more money. People just do not like to wait. I think everyone wants a color that stands out like a light bulb. I believe growth style is also a big factor.
The real PM has white polyps. The real PM is shaped like the coral that I bought in some ways. It is very bright purple. The real PM is a very slow grower.
My experience is that people from one area may have a color that they find attractive. They may find a growth pattern that they find attractive. I may find a coral that is abundant in one part of Washington and rare on the other side of Washington. I believe a coral is worth what someone will pay for it.
I myself have a soft spot for purple millipora or blue milipora with purple tips.
I purchased esquisitas for shape and turankis for shape. My wife likes Pulchras for color. Its what you value and how you feel about spending or trading in my oppinion. I am just a hobbyist like you, maybe not as educated, but happy:) to talk with others about hobby. :)

Back