Poor Unlucky Tang

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

steve-s said:
Had the fish's injury been beyond just the tail ends, the tang would have had a extreme time of trying to maintain osmotic balance.

The abbrasions on it's body are were terrible. Maybe they dont come through on the pic.. She had them on both sides.
Anyway, Thanks for your input

She's healing nicely.. Oddly enough the wounds never seemed to phase her. She's still swimming normally and eating like an oinker.. I think she's gonna be fine.

If he pulls through then you have a fish with serious charater and a hell of a story!!!

Wow....never seen anyone abuse a fish so badly and repeatedly....
What do you think the Tang Police are gonna do to you???

:D

IME, if the fish is eating, thats always a good sign. My biggest fears would be infection from the torn fins and abrasions, or an Ich outbreak due to lowered resistance/stress.

If you can get by the next couple of weeks w/o incident, I would think she'll survive. You might consider moving her to a tank w/o clams or rocks in the future...something like PVC for decoration...maybe a couple of plastic plants...

Nick

maxx said:
If you can get by the next couple of weeks w/o incident, I would think she'll survive. You might consider moving her to a tank w/o clams or rocks in the future...something like PVC for decoration...maybe a couple of plastic plants...
Nick

hehehe Well I will be setting up a Fish Only tank later this year :) I'll be sure the ornamental synthetic corals I buy arent sharp ;)

you know i think Dori just needs a partner to settle down a little and may be that's why she's does all these things

These fish require a good secure sleeping place, usually pinned between rocks, if it finds a spot that feels safe it will always sleep there until threatened. If you don't see infections & it eats, then I think the Regal/Hippo will be just fine, they are one tough specimen! I'd keep the QT ready just to be safe, I have to agree with that.

Update:

I am happy to report Maggie is lookn great! Don't worry her tail fin isn't gone it's just doing it's job ;)

Maggie.jpg

Two Weeks Ago:
TangDamage2.jpg

Wow she's looking pretty good ;) My Clarkii is one of those "trooper" fish too... Several times I though she wouldn't make it and she's still around after 2 years and a cross-country move ;)

Good to hear....most of that looked (on my computer monitor anyway...) to be fairly superficial.

Nick

Back