Post your tank size and flow numbers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i consitering replaceing my 900's with 1200, but i dont want to loose that coverage that its got growing

Personal Tank

110g 2300gph

Store Tank,

580g 10 000+gph

Via Return pump, Tunze power heads and Vortec pump and a closed loop.

I have two MJ modified with the propellers as on the following web site

http://www.mjmods.com/

don't know how much they are pushing

and I just ordered a Seio 820, should be getting that this week.
My return pump is a Quietone5000, rated at 1300gph

all right then, the next i need to blow a hole thur the side of my tank ill call ya,

I run a 240 with a sequence dart reef flow rated at 3600 gph for a closed loop in 3/4 inch out flow pipe and with head loss it should be pumping around 3000 gph but I think it pushes harder than my maxi 1200s with 4 outlets I think they under rated this pump it screams. Also I run a little giant 1200 gph for my return pump and minus head loss it should be around 900 gph so I guess I should be in the ballpark of 4800 gph to 3800 gph fo a 240 with 6 outlets and it seems to be more than enough.

I tell you what i didn't think tunzes were worth it but man now that i hae two 6100s and the controller it really works great and the flow is sick as hell!

Thought I'd bump this old thread. :)

Current tank 24gal Aquapod with only 955 gph of flow (39x turnover rate from 1 Tunze nano stream @ 660gph and 1 maxijet 1200 for return @ 295 gph) :doubt: I will spice it up some more though when I totally decide what I'm doing with the tank as it lacks flow for my liking:D

seems like my maxi's are really rocking anymore.... ive cleaned them meny times. but they seem to be dieing?

or maybe the magnet i made for the holder is slowing it down?

seems like my maxi's are really rocking anymore.... ive cleaned them meny times. but they seem to be dieing?

or maybe the magnet i made for the holder is slowing it down?

Or...You may just be getting too use to them(LOL)

120 Gal

33x

Welcome to RF!:)

Back