Post your tank size and flow numbers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

4,000 gph !! I would not want to live in than 38 cube

LOL!! And it was only 24 inches long:lol: The corals loved it though as well as my fish. Wait until I figure out what I will do with my aquapod:D

Here's the 38gal cube during a water test with the "Y" adaptors on the outputs up top and the pumps on the back. At one point I ran single outputs out of each bulkhead, but it got a tad bit crazy like that:p

2xMJ400s and a GenX 2400 as a return currently, for about 550gph.

Replacing the MJs with a Tunze 6025, so that should give me around 1000gph.

Tank is a 20H. Moving towards mostly LPS now.

-Dylan

Christ Krish, those look like industrial nozzels at 200 psi :lol:

10 gal nano at 600gph !! You are as bad as Krish :)

Last edited:
I'm getting approx. 5500 gallons per hour using 2 Poseidon P-4's, 1 Poseidon P-2, and 2 Seio 1500's, on my 240 gallon soft coral tank.
Not much, but it seems to be working. :)

I've got 2 1200 magdrives for the return pumps and 8 1200 maxijets in both my 180's

If I have a 110 with live rock and fish only what is the normal gph

That's a toughy...As you can see flow varies a lot here especially from one individual to another. Also, you have to take into consideration tank dimensions and also aquascaping. What works in one tank, won't necessarily cut it in another, but for starters, I'd personally say possibly shoot for atleast 30x turnover rate and see if that does the trick which in your case would be about 3,000 gph. Just a thought...Not necesssarily correct:)

Whoo boy!

Just upgraded to the Tunze 6025. Boy does that thing move some water around.

I'm hoping its not too much. My big frilly mushroom looked pretty unhappy at first, but its already pumped back up to more or less full size (lights turned out, so its hard to say). My LPS (Favia, Calustrea and Frogspawn) looks pretty happy with it.

My smaller mushrooms look pretty uncertain, but I'm going to give them a few days to see how things adjust, that was a pretty big change.

Hopefully I'll see some overall improvements, I wasn't really getting much flow at all before this because of the way it was dispersed to avoid jetting my coral directly.

-Dylan

I upped the flow in my aquapod tonight and until PA gets some more nano streams in stock.

I am now running ...

(1) Nano stream 6025 for circulation (660gph)
(1) Maxijet 900 return (230 gph)
(2) Maxijet 1200's for circulation (295 gph (x2) )
Total = 1480 gph in a 24 gal aquapod which is about 61x turnover rate. I plan on removing the 2 intank maxi jets and replacing them both with nano streams to run a total of 3:)

Last edited:
8500gph maybe a bit more on a 210 g tank
4 seio 1500's
3600 Dart return however the dart does feed the chiller but not alot

something like 40x an hr

Last edited:
I turn my 32x an hour. its a 65 gallon RR. 4 power heads and two pumps in the sump..one returns to the tank the other recycles the water into the sump again. So around 2100 gph.

Back