pro won heater... almost all Dead

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd - nope, I've had both kinds, and both kinds never read the temp right. I put the WonPro II on my rock tubs in the basement because they misread the temperature (what it says on the LCD diplay isn't the actual temperature of the water), so I don't mind if it does that on dark rock tubs.

its so close tho, MY tstat says, 80.1 the lcd says 80.

but everyone once and a while ill get 80.0 and the lcd will say 79

so were so close here i think its only off .1 or .2 of a degree.

i cant complain yet

Thank you all for the information... my heater was the won pro 2 and it went in about 2 years time... I am going to go with a controller for sure on my next one... it is going to take a long time to restock my tank though. this is soo incredibly frustrating I just got my tank to the point where it was all filled out and all i had to do was prune, the montipora capricornis were about 8 inches across and whirling nicely. The ricordia where everywhere my tricolor acro was about 8x4 inches and coming out of the water and I had about 6 frags of it. etc etc.

illham, where do you get the Ranco temp controller at? Do you prefer one of the controllers better?

illham, where do you get the Ranco temp controller at? Do you prefer one of the controllers better?

I'd use the Ranco. A lot of labs, and science labs use it, and trust it. It is again for redundancy.....which it seems there is never enough of in this hobby..even if we try to..

HOwever, you can get the Ranco on Ebay (single stage). Other places will carry it as well. However, there are a couple versions (single and dual). Single will be fine. Within that single stage, you can opt for a non wired version, or a pre-wired version. If you like to wire it yourself, it is cheaper to the get the former. If you want a plug and play...get the prewired one.

They run somewhere from $40-80 online.

Best,
Ilham

So sorry to hear man. Let me know when you get settled and you can come pick out some frags.

Mat

Back