~~PSAS 2007-2008 Season Kickoff~~ James Fatherree Sept. 22nd talking CLAMS~~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jesshimom

I have no fish.
Hey everyone,

I can't believe how the summer is creeping by. That means it's about time for the club's new season! We've been working behind the scenes to bring some new speakers and hopefully some previously favored ones as well.

Please note the date adjustment for this one meeting to accommodate Mr. Fatherree's speaking schedule. We will meet on the 4th Saturday - September 22nd at 6pm at Tacoma Community College.

This meeting is being hosted by Indoor Reef. Paul and his crew work very hard promoting the PSAS in their daily work. I don't have the stats available, however Randy told me that their store sold the most new memberships this past year. Thanks so much Indoor Reef!!

We will also be having 2 raffles at this meeting!! The first raffle is a continuance from the June BBQ...Brian at IAP has been working hard and has cut us a HUGE deal on a 36X36X24 Tank!! We will also be having a raffle with some live and dry goods (more info to come).

James Fatherree will also be bringing some fresh copy's of his new book for purchase!!

Here is some info from Reefkeeping Magazine and you can read more about him here:

James Fatherree has been an aquarium hobbyist since childhood, has been keeping marine aquariums for well over a decade, and has spent many days diving in Florida, Hawaii, the Bahamas, Japan and Indonesia. He also managed a large retail aquarium store, owned and operated an aquarium design, installation, and maintenance business for several years, and spent a summer working as a diver/collector/slave for an aquarium livestock wholesaler in Florida. James has also published well over 100 articles and 1,000 photographs in various aquarium magazines in the U.S. and Europe, and has written and illustrated five books on the topics of reef organisms and marine aquariums, too.

Aside from his lifelong aquatic interests and experiences, James served as an Army paratrooper, earned degrees in Geology from Mississippi State University and the University of South Florida, with a specialization in invertebrate paleontology, and has traveled around the world. He also lived in southern Japan for two years where he taught English, and is currently a physical and environmental sciences instructor at Hillsborough Community College in Tampa, Florida.

You can read more here: http://www.fatherree.com/james/

Hope to see you all there!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Evite is out for the meeting.

i double checked; ALL email addresses were sent; if not received check your spam folders.

If you've never been on the evite list or have another address, please let Randy or I know and we will get you on the list.

Please note: You do NOT need an evite to attend. It just has more info.

The meeting will be held at Tacoma Community College Sept. 22 at 6pm.

Questions; please ask.

Will be a Awesome Time!!!!

If any of you read Tropical Fish Hobbyist, You will see James Fartheree Known as The Reefer.
If you want a heads up about him. I suggest you buy a TFH and check him out. That is the cheapest way. James will be bring copies of his Book also. I have heard lots of positives about his book. I am looking forward this meeting.:) I will definitely buy a book, get his autograph, place it with my library as another good PSAS memory!:)

We are doing something different in Tacoma. I hope to see you there!

Breaking news

We are going to be raffling the 120 gallon IAP cube tank at the meeting. If i have my info correct, the tank will be at Indoor Reef if you'd like to see it.

ALSO - we will be raffling CLAMS!!!!! Stay tuned for more info; if things work out right, Paul will be posting pictures here on RF of the clams. They will be at his store, but we will raffle them at the meeting. They may then be picked up at his store.

Hi do you have a building number/room number at the college? I'm a bit directionally challenged (almost missed a meeting at BVC driving aimlessly around in the parking lot :p).

The Room number and directions will be comming soon, please keep checking back. We will also be sending another evite when we recieve the information.

**Raffle update**

The Tank raffle will unfortionatly be postponed indefinatly. For those of you who have bought tickets already, PM me for your options.

The good news is that we will be raffling off 10 Clams!!!! They will be ranging from 3-5 inches each!!

I look forward to seeing you all there!!

ROOM DETAILS

ALSO: You will need a temp parking pass.... we will have them at the meeting.

DATE: 22 SEPTEMBER, 2007 TIME 6:00pm – 9:00pm

EVENT: PSAS Presents James Fatherree, Talking about Clams

SPONSOR: INDOOR REEF

Reminder evite out with updates to received emails/Pm's to be added so if you haven't received check your spam folders or give me a different address.

**Pre-Meeting Meet and Greet**

Join us at Indoor Reef, starting at 3:30pm for a Meet and Greet with James Fatherree!! There will be snacks, drinks, and great conversation!! Parking passes and directions to TCC will also be available durring the Meet and Greet.

I look forward to seeing you all there for this great event!!!

I really want to attend this one, but can't.:doubt: Will anyone be keeping notes by chance that they could share with me after the meeting? :) I'm specifically interested in all of the good tips James has on keeping clams healthy and happy and any natural preditors.

Time to put my new membership to good use! I've been a member now for approximately 5 hours.

Most likely, I will be attending the meeting on Saturday. Am I supposed to buy the raffle tickets now or at the door?

So WHO is ready to Kick off the year with an Awesome Meeting????? I'm not sure that I can hear the excitement... This is the perfect time for you south Sounders to show that you can fill a room just as well as the folks up north!!!

Alright I'm excited. I've never really had interest in clams..but I know they are cool looking!

Maybe possible for a carpool from Seattle?

Best,
Ilham

Back