PSAS event - Frag Swap - September 20th 2008

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ohh,, I have to see if I can get of work to come and meet everyone!

PS: Duane, you have to come over sometime for the drill! or I can bring it to you, just let me know :) Also I got a few new fish since you were over last including a pair of crosshatch triggers!

Thanks Erik

I am definitely planning to be there. I won't have any frags to trade, but I may be looking to get a couple. Either way I look forward to meeting a bunch of the new people that have joined PSAS in my 1 year absense.

Johnathan I will be going so if you need a ride let me know

also what is everyone bringing, it would be good to get a list of frags that will be there.
I unfortunately have nothing to bring but would like to pick some stuff up.

also what is everyone bringing, it would be good to get a list of frags that will be there.

I have a large orange monti veracosa, several med to large pocillapora damicornus, three Bob moore stags, one Seattle sparkler, two green torts, two green samoensis, and a very large pink tip cats paw. If your interested.

I have to warn you and anyone that takes stuff from me. MY tank has AEFW's. The corals I've listed are either a resistant genus or simply not a species of SPS that the FW's will live on.

I also have alot of pom pom xenia, three small, purple center rhodactis, some GSP and a single hairy mushroom for any softy lovers that want to claim some.

I'm interested in Florida Ricordia so someone feel free to bring a few colors along if they have them to spare also can we join PSAS at this event that is to say with out a big fuss.

I'm interested in Florida Ricordia so someone feel free to bring a few colors along if they have them to spare also can we join PSAS at this event that is to say with out a big fuss.

You can join at any event by simply filling out a membership form and paying the dues at that time.
Take a look at these rics.

Last edited:
I posted this on the wrong thread (the one about the meeting times) but here it is again:

I just got the email about the Sept 20th frag swap.

Question...why is this event planned for 4 hours (11-3)? Are people expected to stay for 4 hours, or to show up for any portion of time they wish, as long as it's between 11 and 3? If it's the former, that's a loooonnnngggg meeting. If it's the latter, I think it makes it more difficult to have a successful frag swap with some people coming from 11-1, others not showing up until 2 and planning to stay until 3, etc.

Why not have a 2 hour frag swap with most people all arriving at the same time?

Please note the timing change. The event is from 1 PM - 5 PM

Thanks
Pugest Sound Aquarium Society Board

Woohoo...I might be able to make it to the tail-end of the event! Church meetings were occupying my early afternoon.

I got the day off work! Wahoo! LoL.. Look forward to meeting everyone! If anyone needs any MH or VHO lighting I can bring some. Also I might have some frags there! :)

Thanks Erik

Some of your awesome Rics?

Maybe... :)

But actually I think I will be keeping all of them that I have left and putting them into my 300 gallon for a Ric farm.. Although with all the SPS and LPS that is going in that tank im not sure thats such a good idea. I might just have some Rics there though, I have to go through everything and see what all I have.

Definatly will have some supplies (lights mainly) if they dont sell before hand...

Thanks Erik

Here are a couple pics of mother colonies that I have frags of to swap if anyone is interested.
Lets get this thread going
Jan, class clown, fragman... I know you guys have frags to get rid of just to name a few.
Pocillopora
IMG_1393-1.jpg

stylophora
IMG_1390-1.jpg

Seattle sparkler
IMG_1422-1.jpg

green samoensis
IMG_1386.jpg

I also have the large orange monti verucosa and a frag of the pink mille that are on the left side if this pic.
lastshotsof120021.jpg

Some frags to trade

Hello All. This is my first post here, and this event will be my first PSAS event. I'm really looking forward to it.

I have three items to offer.

First is three orange/red mushroom polyps that I just transfered to a chunk of agrocrete. Here is the before picture:
mushroom.jpg

I took three of the mid sized ones.

second I have a single head from this LPS colony. It was sold to me as candy cane, but I believe it's actually a trumpet:
trumpet.jpg

It's only one stalk, but it already has two fully developed polyps.

finally (and yes, this is really backwards) I want to trade away the mother colony for this gorgonian frag:
gorgonian.jpg

the main colony has six "points", and four of them are a foot long. This thing came from Tampa Bay Saltwater two years ago when I started my tank. It has grown like mad in my tank.

Things I'm hoping to trade for or buy are: Frogspawn, xenia, clove polyps, ricordia, and anything else that looks interesting.

thanks,
-Jamie

Welcome!!

Very nice Gorgonian...I might be interested in some of that. I just got a swet hydnophora frag if you are interested. It is wicked day-glo green.

Back