PSAS Mentor -- New PSAS Program

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Are there any mentors in the Olympia area?

Not as far as I know. Its a very new program and were barely getting it off the ground. Keep checking in and definately post alot of questions in the new reefers forum here. You can learn nearly everything you need to know just by asking and reading on a site like this.

Oh and BTW, WELCOME TO REEF FRONTIERS

Mentor in maple Valley/Covington area

Hi,

I am very new to reefing and will be joining PSAS and coming to the frag swap on saturday. Could someone assist in identifying a mentor in my area?

Thanks so much,

Kim

Kim,
welcome aboard. Feel free to ask questions over here or ask Reedman/Trido if he can be your mentor.

Email Mentor wanted

So I guess I am looking for a mentor. To start off, I have never had a marine system up and running but for the last 10 years or so I have done a lot of reading. I had a 180 gal; system ready to go about 6 years ago but a divorce came about and all had to go. So its time I try again.

I am looking at starting with a 120 or 150 gal system (4’ foot print). I already have some of the equipment from the 180 build, but will have to add hardware as needed. At the present time I am only looking at having about 5 fish in the system, (2 clowns, 1 Tang, 1 angle, and 1 unknown ) and am most interested in some of the available corals from Australia (Acanthastrea and Favia) along with Scolymia, Chalice and others . Halide lighting will be used, along with some other ideas I have in my mind. :idea:

I am looking for a mentor that can show me the pros and cons of some system setup ideas. Mostly in the deep sand method and the use of plant life as a nitrate remover. Along with a whole lot of other questions.

So if there is somebody out there that likes to put up a good argument based on fact and personal experience along with being able to see outside the box, I could use your help.

Thanks
Mark

This is a wonderful Idea.......Krisfal and reefman69 were two of our biggest helpers in the Puyallup area..Lots of people in our area...We need a mentor local:) Thanks guys...Shane

Wow.. i dont think we have reached the mentor statis as of yet,,We are still learning each and every day...But you, and your hubby,would be a great mentor team:D

That was my thought when I heard about the mentor program, I am not ready! I still feel that way. Sure the hubby and I built the tank into the wall, but we built the house we live in, a lot of experience there. The reef keeping, not so much experience, I still do a lot of research and reading and trial and error.

Hello everyone!
I was wondering if I could get a mentor near by to help set up my sump(with drilling tank and plumbing, etc.) as I'm very much lost if it comes to that kind of stuff.

Thank you

Back