PSAS September Frag Swap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reedman

Break out those fragging shears, razor blades, and frag plugs 'cause it's that time again. That's right...the annual Puget Sound Aquarium Society frag swap is coming up in September.

We'll have tanks, lights, heaters, and power heads, you supply the livestock. This is really a fun event and a great opportunity to get some new livestock. If your not quite ready for livestock or you're full to the tank lid, come out anyway. You can learn about the corals that you want to keep from those that are successful at keeping them.

Feel free to use this thread to post corals you have for trade, want to trade, or are looking to buy/sell. Set up your trades in advance so everyone knows what to bring. Or just show up and shop...either way I assure you it will be worth while!

More information will be posted as it becomes available so be sure to watch this thread. If you have suggestions on ways we can improve this event please feel free to PM me and we'll see what we can do.

See you there!

I am game, I WTB some to start my tank. I only have a few, so dont really have any way of fragging mine yet.

i have some zoos that i could trade for either little torch or open brain :D. or a little toadstool
i will also be willing to buy hehe :D

My tank will be red bug free by then, so I will have various SPS and maybe some zoos if there is interest. I also have some green Palythoa (sea mat) that I will give away to anyone who wants it. I'll post some pics later.

I will have a few Yellow Colonial Polyp. frags mounted on small pcs of rock and possably a leather or two .
when exactly is it any ideas I work on saturdays now is it in the evenings ?

I would really like to join PSAS, but I am not having any luck. I tried the two email address per the membership instructions on the website. The first address fails and I have not heard anything back from the other.

To become a member of the Puget Sound Aquarium Society, please email [email protected] and you will get an automated response on where to mail your dues. You can always join us at our next monthly meeting and join up there as well. If you have any further questions, please email us at [email protected]

The frag swap sounds very cool. I am not sure if I will have much to offer. I am anxious to hear more on this event.

Thanks,

Jason

Im so sorry to hear that all your attempt failed. But, Im sure that Alice or Reedman from this board will be able to help you. If not, then just attend the fragswap and just pay your dues at the gate. And since the fiscal year will about to start... this is your cue to join.

Sorry you are having trouble Jason. I will find out what is wrong with the email addresses. Cesar is right, it's time to renew memberships at the September swap and a perfect time to join. We will annouce the date of the meeting shortly. It will be the second or third Saturday I believe. We will be meeting in the Kent area; not sure of the address just yet.

Hope to see you there; it was tons of fun last year.

Colleen
Treasurer (just give me the money... :) )

I am just starting out, but would love to join and meet everyone, please let me know as well when you have figured out how I can move forward. :)

Bear with us on the email and web site. We have a plan to revamp the web site and the email may have taken a hit when the reeffrontiers site was having troubles (we are hosted on the same server). We'll get it straightened out.

In the mean time feel free to PM me or any of the other officers and we'll get you all the information you need to join. If you aren't currently getting the evites to events PM Brad (bradreef) and he can add you to the list.

Thanks,
Reed
PSAS President

well i just wanted to say that since my kenya trees are spreading everywhere, i'll be bringing some little frags :)

Can anyone give me some more details on how this frag swap works?

Do I just show up with a baggie full of fresh cut corals? Should they be attached to rocks or free-floating? I've got Kenya Trees, Pom-pon Xenia, and Mont. Cap. that are all getting a bit big for their britches.

you know Chris that's a very good question
because i really don't know if the corals have to be attached to a rock, i believe the xenias should because otherwise you guys are gonna have xenias swimming everywhere.

Last year people brought their items, and we have tanks available for you to put them in. Might be a good idea to write on the bag exactly what it is and what you want for it or what you would like to trade for it. If it's a large item, that might be able to come out of the bag also. THey can be attached or not, whatever you have.

Hey what if you don't know how to frag the coral, can you bring the whole rock and can someone help you there? :D

It's pretty much bring what you got. If you are looking for something in particular it helps to post here to see if someone else has it to trade/sell. You can mount them if you want or leave them as fresh cut.

This thread provides a great means for you to post what you have to trade and what you want. Many people just show up to buy also. It's just a fun night.

Back