Question about mandarin dragonet

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

crazyfish253

Is it possible they can get to fat? I see fat roles on mine is it possible for them to have heart attacks? I've got two to try and thin her out but she is still obeast! Now I've got 2 fat mandarin's. Its starting to concern me she may not be able to swim soon cuz fat rolls are starting to cover her fins. I always see her resting her belly on rocks, have I doomed two fish? I was hoping on them pairing up but it seems the skinnyer one is not a chubby chaser. Guess it boils down to should I get two more? Or will they be doomed?

Your post reminds me of some oscars I use to have. They would over eat until they could hardly swim! :eek:. I will move the thread to Lee's forum to get his expert opinion on it and will leave a re-direct so you can find it easily. It does sound like the fish are eating a bit too much though...

Good luck! :)

Dont think so. I got the boy cuz I saw the dance the do at breeding time. Would be so cool to watch. That would be cool if she was I just don't see her exerting that much energy. Everyone who sees her is like my god is she OK.

You can have her, I dont want her, She's too fat for me, way to fat for me, too too fat for me. LOL
If she could talk, she would say it was a thyroid condition.

IMG_20111012_183413.jpg

I hate posting pics on this forum

Fixed it for you.....Maxx

Last edited by a moderator:
It is definitely double maybe a triple. Can't get a good pic of her side with cellphone. It is a her and not a hey right.

It's all the berghia she's been eating. Or maybe all the dead mosquito eaters floating around. What do you think Dennis?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Back