Rainbow Monti Pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Beakerbob

Finally got around to shooting some pics of my Rainbow Monti. This one is growing well and displaying fantastic colors. The new growth has bright orange polyps and the older growth is bright green. The polyps in between range the whole gamut between orange & green combinations.

My Rainbow monti in all its glory!
MR-DSC_4724.jpg

Closeup of the different color polyps against the blue surface:
MR-DSC_4719.jpg

Double Dog Freaking Wow!!

I've never actually seen a rainbow monti that looked like that! What's your secret to the fabulous colors?

I'm lighting the tank with a DE MH Giesemann-Megachrome bulb, supplemented with one T5 aquablue and one T5 actinic. When I got the monti, it was mostly browned out with just a tinge of blue around one edge. It has really taken off now and doing very well.

Freaking,Freaking,Freaking dam thats freaking just freaking.
PS dont listen to Danno14, sell me one polyp. I pay cash or trade CRAM/Clam

Last edited:
I'm lighting the tank with a DE MH Giesemann-Megachrome bulb, supplemented with one T5 aquablue and one T5 actinic. When I got the monti, it was mostly browned out with just a tinge of blue around one edge. It has really taken off now and doing very well.

do you have any pics any of your accro under the same light?

Last edited:
It's about 3" square right now. I picked it up about 4 months ago at an LFS for $30 since it was all browned out. Tamarindthai, I'll try to shoot some aco pics under the same light and post for you.

Back