Rare Yellow Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DisturbedReefer

Lionless :(
I picked this little one up from Indoor Reef this past Saturday. From an article in Reefkeeping "The rare yellow form of a dwarf fuzzy lionfish. According to Michaels, this color morph is located in one central location: the straits of Lembah. This fish commanded a $350 USD price tag." They (Indoor Reef) didn't order it as a special morph just got lucky and it showed up in a regular shipment. This beaut is a great addition to the two Radiata lionfish I already have. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure...

DSC_0849aMedium.jpg

DSC_0766aMedium.jpg

DSC_0768aMedium.jpg

DSC_0771aMedium.jpg

DSC_0788aMedium.jpg

DSC_0792aMedium.jpg

DSC_0794aMedium.jpg

DSC_0828aMedium.jpg

No, I didn't pay $350

Last edited:
DisturbedReefer said:
Thanks Ed, I couldn't beleive my eyes when I saw him, and quickly declared "That's mine!"
hehehe

I would of done the same thing... and I hadden't planned on adding a Lion to my Reef!!!

NICE SCORE!!!!! *Smile*

so how much did it set u back or is discussing price on fish not good practice

Well since you can't find another one of those and probably wont see one in the state for some time I would say it is priceless.

Looks gorgeous and I'm not one who normally likes the dwarf lions of that species. You're really making me jealous what with the two radiata's and the new yellow dwarf lion....

Can ya post some new pics of the Radiata's?

Nick

Back