RBTA is just a RTA

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

FreakinReefin

Insert idiot comment
When I purchased my RBTA from Barrier it was nice and plump and full of bubbles. I have yet to see it bubble up at all and am a little confused as to why. I assume it may be the flow in my tank which is slightly heavy accross the front of my display which is where the anemone has placed itself. However, even when the flow is really soft and the water is calm, the RBTA remains as a RTA. What can I do?

This always comes up :)
Many people now believe that the bubbles show stress, most comfy RBTA's do not have the bubbles. This of course is not always true...
If he is not moving and has enough light, he will be fine.

This always comes up :)
Many people now believe that the bubbles show stress, most comfy RBTA's do not have the bubbles. This of course is not always true...
If he is not moving and has enough light, he will be fine.

Well I guess that's a good thing then... I kinda guessed that it might bubble to try to absorb more light by exposing more surface area...or something along those lines. But I would be interested to know if that really is the case...

its what they tend to do. i can't come to a decisive conclusion as to why they do that. i have heard if they have a clown they will be more "bubble-y" but who knows. i can never find any rhyme or reason as to why they do it. some will be bubbled up here then "deflate" then bubble back up. i tend to think it is an individual thing. if they are true rose bubbles and not colonial they do seem to bubble more readily. don't sweat 'em, remember they will move to where they are most comfortable, bubbles or no...........

Don't worry about it. I have a few in the same tank and this is what they look like. Some do it some don't. This was taken today.
IMGP3189.jpg

IMGP3185.jpg

I think its going to blow up. Once the Platinum started to swim in the tentacles it blew up even more. Maybe it does have to deal with hosting.
IMGP3202.jpg

IMGP3201.jpg

Mine used to bubble much more large and frequent before my clown hosted in it. It also seems that it had larger bubbles when it was lower in the tank with less flow. It decided to move all the way to the top and back of my tank a few inches to the side of a k4 where it flows around like crazy, and nemo finally found it and now I hardly ever see bubbles. Sure is getting huge and happy though!

I have two RBTA's in my tank when i got them both were bubbly, now one is just RTA like your's (once in a while gets bubbly ,especially if i feed it silverslides.) and the other one pretty much stays RBTA. so it's kinda of unknown thing could be lighting, one is highter than the other or the flow.. both are hosted by 2 clowns i have.... but they are still cute... :)

Thanks for the responses guys!(and Gal) My BTA is doing good and so I supposed I won't try to change anything to spur the bubble tips. I guess I gotta just chill and see.

Back